cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f4 discovery board USB Driver

haohongyu_1986
Associate II
Posted on August 28, 2012 at 23:18

I have got a f4 discovery board and a device with USB interface, I want to send the Command to this device and receive the data from it, but I do not know how can I do it. Can I use the USB-OTG-Host example? Who can help me?

:(

#usb-stm32f4 #stm32f4-usb
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 01:38

Well that narrows it down to a few hundred thousand devices, care to be more specific?

What do you know about USB in general, and this device? What class of device is it, does that class appear in the examples?

ST maintains a list of consultants who might be able to assist you.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
haohongyu_1986
Associate II
Posted on August 29, 2012 at 13:09

Hello Clivel,

I knew very litte about the usb. In the example I saw the HID and MSC example. But I don't know if the msc mode is the right one to my device. This ist a forcemeter. It sends the current value of the force whenever u send an ''x'' to the device through the keyboard.Is it possible to use the usb port on this board to get this value?Maybe u could just tell me the class of the device,and i can check whether there is example of it on the internet,or it could be much more better if u can mail me one example of this class.

Best Regards

Kevin

Posted on August 29, 2012 at 16:46

You'll need to speak to the vendor of your force gauge thing, and perhaps look at the Windows drivers and INF, that might provide you with some insight. I doubt it's a MSC, more likely a CDC or HID. I don't have a part number or any info on it.

The host support on the STM32F4 is relatively limited, perhaps you should check with some USB stack vendors.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
haohongyu_1986
Associate II
Posted on August 30, 2012 at 21:06

Hello Clivel

many thanks for

your answer.

I

will speak to the vendor

about it.

If I

find any

drivers