Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver, QUADSPI

jdascenzio
Associate
Posted on May 04, 2018 at 11:24

Hi,

I found a bug in the quad spi driver for stm32l4xx. In the function  HAL_QSPI_Receive_IT, the interrupts flags must be cleared before start transfer otherwise flag TC could be missed:

- WRITE_REG(hqspi->Instance->AR, addr_reg) -> transfer start

- An other task r or interrupt run...

- The transfer qspi finish, flag TC set

- __HAL_QSPI_CLEAR_FLAG(hqspi, QSPI_FLAG_TE | QSPI_FLAG_TC) -> the flag TC is cleared !BUG!

My patch:

--- a/library/STM32Cube_FW_L4/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal_qspi.c

+++ b/library/STM32Cube_FW_L4/Drivers/STM32L4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32l4xx_hal_qspi.c

@@ -1098,12 +1098,12 @@ HAL_StatusTypeDef HAL_QSPI_Receive_IT(QSPI_HandleTypeDef *hqspi, uint8_t *pData)

/* Configure QSPI: CCR register with functional as indirect read */

MODIFY_REG(hqspi->Instance->CCR, QUADSPI_CCR_FMODE, QSPI_FUNCTIONAL_MODE_INDIRECT_READ);

-      /* Start the transfer by re-writing the address in AR register */

-      WRITE_REG(hqspi->Instance->AR, addr_reg);

-

/* Clear interrupt */

__HAL_QSPI_CLEAR_FLAG(hqspi, QSPI_FLAG_TE | QSPI_FLAG_TC);

+      /* Start the transfer by re-writing the address in AR register */

+      WRITE_REG(hqspi->Instance->AR, addr_reg);

+

/* Process unlocked */

__HAL_UNLOCK(hqspi);

#hal #stm32-l4 #quadspi #bug
4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on May 04, 2018 at 17:35

Hi d_ascenzio.julien,

I confirm that this limitation is already tracked for STM32CubeL4 and other STM32Cube packages for families embedding QSPI.

For STM32CubeL4, the preliminary planning is to have the fix available in next version of this package.

The suggested solution is as following:

1. clear TE and TC flags
  2. enable interrupts
  3. start transfer with the call of WRITE_REG(hqspi->Instance->AR, addr_reg)

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

Please note that the reported issue is fixed in the version 1.12.0 of STM32CubeL4 that is currently available on the web.

Please check it and share with us your feedback.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Amel,

I am using STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.3.0 drivers on STM32H750VB - QSPI 2 lines

The HAL_QSPI_Receive_IT() function remains at HAL_QSPI_STATE_BUSY_INDIRECT_RX state (0x22) indefinitely . Similar problem occured with HAL_QSPI_Receive_DMA() . HAL_QSPI_Receive() is working normally.

On related note, the fix suggested by jdascenzio, to clear interrupt flag prior to starting transfer, was not applied to this QSPI driver for this version.

Gary Cho

I just figured out that I forgot to enable QSPI Global Interrupt . That is the reason my QSPI state is stuck . My mistake.

Gary