Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting STM32F100RB with LCD

petz
Associate
Posted on November 02, 2012 at 08:17

Hi all,

I'm working now on my first project using STM32F100RB and LCD Winstar WH1601A-NYG-ET. I've downloaded the HD44780 LCD drivers by Lakotel but as I'm new here I don't know what to do next.

I'd like to have a word, ''Hello'' for example, on display and to use the button I want to have a sentence ''Hello World'' and changing the word by press the button. Anyone can guide me through this beginning please?

#stm32f100 #just-do-it! #character-lcd
2 REPLIES 2
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on November 02, 2012 at 08:44

There is some example code/library supporting the stm32f100, following this link:

http://www.coocox.com/show_comp.php?id=5d559510-4ec1-11e1-80f9-00022ae22cf6

I have not tried it myself, so I'm not sure how much adaptions you need to make.

But better than starting over from scratch.

Posted on November 02, 2012 at 10:15

Anyone can guide me through this beginning please?

There's got to be a universe of literally thousands of examples for 16 x 2 displays, the 16 x 1 are a subset of those.

Take a look at the schematic for the Keil MCBSTM32, and the sample code, or perhaps one of dozens of Olimex/IAR boards using STM32, or related, parts.

You should be able to cut-n-paste some code and tailor it to your hardware wiring scheme, there is a thin line here between guiding you, and actually doing it for you.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..