Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

glcd custum configuration on stm32f407vg

dspalmier
Associate
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 07:49

Hello everyone!

I am using a customized board in my lab for building my application. the board has some function buttons and a 320x240 Graphical LCD with touch panel. I will be using Keil MDK 4. Initially, I need to setup the correct interface for the GLCD connected on port E of the MCU and the touch panel connected on pins PB3, PB4, PB5, PB6. I should admit there are many examples to get started with Keil, but I have two disadvantages. first i never used Keil, second, my board does not suit the settings on Keil configuration files figuring in the examples. I have been looking for possible equivalences for days now, but i cannot start it. nothing comes after googling it. A forum in keil did not help me neither. I need to embed some image processing codes that i have already wrote. but nothing of these can be done if i have not performed the configuration correctly. Could someone help me please?

connections on my board are made as follows:

GLCD

MCU PIN -> GLCD PIN NAME - GLCD PIN NUMBER;

PE10->PMRD - 1;

PE11->PMWR - 2;

GROUND->GND - 3 ;

VCC->VCC - 4 ;

VEE->NC - 5 ;

PE12->RS - 6;

PE13->NC - 7;

PE14-> - ;

PE15->CS - 8;

PE0->D0 - 9;

PE1->D1 - 10;

PE2->D2 - 11;

PE3->D3 - 12;

PE4->D4 - 13;

PE5->D5 - 14;

PE6->D6 - 15;

PE7->D7 - 16;

PE8->RST - 17; ->VEE - 18 ;

5V->BCK_LIGHT - 19;

PE9->BPWN - 20;

TOUCH PAD:

MCU PIN -> GLCD PIN NAME - GLCD PIN NUMBER;

PB3-> XR - 21;

PB4-> YU - 22;

PB5-> XL - 23;

PB6-> YD - 24;

#custom-device #glcd #can-keil-c-uversion-4
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 22:12

So why can't you work with the people that made all these design choices?

The pin choices don't correlate with an FSMC implementation, rather a GPIO interface to an LCD controller of some description. Get some more details on the display, like a part number, controller, or a reference manual.

Suggest you get example code from the board vendor if it's not your own design.

If you posted on another forum, please provide a link so members here don't have to tease additional critical information or repeat given advice.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jj2
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2012 at 23:21

Of course - agree w/Clive1's sound advice.

From your pinout listing - appears that SED1330 (or newer) is the Lcd Controller.  You should configure all of the control lines to this IC as STM32 outputs.  This family of Lcd Controller enables both read and write of display buffer - should you seek to read from the Lcd Controller you'll need an efficient mechanism to quickly switch from STM32 data bus outputs to inputs.  (so long as you ''beat'' the \RD strobe - this should be manageable.

Your Touch config. shows the 4 ''Touch Electrode'' Driving signals - realize that only one pair at a time are active - and you must switch these to ''tri-state'' or Hi-Z quickly upon switch-over to the other plane signal pair. 

Unshown is the likely Analog Inputs required - one for each plane.  (X and Y)

Special caution for the contrast voltage pin - older displays used negative voltage (in the vicinity of -16 to -22 volts).  And newer ones use positive voltage - get this wrong and the results may truly be, ''electrifying!''

You have nice workload ahead...

dspalmier
Associate
Posted on October 11, 2012 at 07:10

I think preliminary work to be done is dtressful. I will do as suggested to see those who can get some examples of it. Some have worked with before. maybe not with keil, but it worked.

Thanks.