Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded_GUI_Library Fonts

M0NKA
Senior
Posted on December 21, 2012 at 12:32

Hello,

The GUI lib from ST has few fonts included, where the biggest is 16x24 (GL_ASCII16x24_Table). Does anyone maybe have bigger ? Even it is kinda big, it is still too small for my purpose. Or maybe there is application that generates those fonts ? I was not able to find one. Thank  you.

BR, Chris
4 REPLIES 4
digital_dreamer
Associate II
Posted on December 25, 2012 at 02:42

Although there may be others, I only know of

http://www.mikroe.com/glcd-font-creator/

. This software is suppose to ''create fonts and symbols from scratch or by importing existing fonts on your system.'' 

I can't testify to it's ability, as I have never used it.

It's tailored to their compilers and apparently uses their XGLCD library, so I'm not sure what it may output if you're not using their compiler software, if anything. 

Also, you'll have to update/tweak the font drawing code, as most I've seen are only designed to work with fonts up to 24x16.

regards,

MAJ

M0NKA
Senior
Posted on December 28, 2012 at 16:35

Thanks. I think i have tried that one and the result font was not compatible with the ST

library. And i didn't dig deep to see the differences or use their library.

Anyway i just need the digits 0-9 in large font, i might do it by hand in WinHex.

BR

julien2399
Associate
Posted on September 29, 2014 at 11:00

Hello,

Does anyone have bigger fonts than the 16x24 one ? I tried creating fonts with MikroElectronica GLCD Font Creator and the generated font is not compatible with ST library. Does anyone has already coded a bigger font than 16x24, compatible with ST library ?

BR,

Julien

Posted on September 29, 2014 at 22:28

Does anyone have bigger fonts than the 16x24 one ? I tried creating fonts with MikroElectronica GLCD Font Creator and the generated font is not compatible with ST library. Does anyone has already coded a bigger font than 16x24, compatible with ST library ?

Probably because such data would get stupidly large, really quickly, consider if can just zoom (2x, 3x, 4x, ..) the bit map data you have, or understand the format enough to source a font application that does what you want.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..