cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F405RGT6 internal command error

mgmv05
Associate II
Posted on November 19, 2012 at 20:01

developed my own ST32F405 Stamp and tried now to connect via SWD and STLINK/V2 to my stamp. What I get was a internal command error response from the STLINK/V2. The device is running with 3.3V

Can somebody help me??
9 REPLIES 9
Posted on November 19, 2012 at 20:21

Probably because the part isn't actually running.

Check supply/ground pins, NRST and PDR_ON
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mgmv05
Associate II
Posted on December 04, 2012 at 06:31

I checked all supply and ground. One ground was not connected properly. This problem is fixed. The NRST is connected via a push button to ground. The PDR_ON don't exist because is a 64 Pin type I use.

Results:

BOOT0 = GND and BOOT1 = GND the answer is no connection of the ST Link and the supply voltage rize to 5V.

BOOT0 = 3.3V and BOOT1 = GND the answer is no connection of the ST Link nad the supply voltage is stable to 3.3V

My Problem is not solved. What I make wrong?

regards

Martin

Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on December 04, 2012 at 09:10

''What I get was a internal command error response from the STLINK/V2''

What, exactly, do you mean by that?

This sounds more like an error message from your host tools than something from the STLink itself...?

flyer31
Senior
Posted on December 04, 2012 at 10:38

Possibly you by accident programmed a software which puts the PLL into an illegal state. E. g. if you write a STM4Discovery program (designed for 8MHz external quartz - driving PLL to 168MHz for 8MHz) to a Keil demo board (having a 25MHz external quartz), you will get such problems.

In such case you have to fix your software and program your board it in the Boot mode ''System memory'' - in any other Boot mode the board will fail to connect, because the PLL is driven to much to high frequency, which then will cause communication failure of the debug interface.

mgmv05
Associate II
Posted on December 14, 2012 at 18:25

Hi bil.til,

thanks for answer me.

1. My STM32F450 is virgin. For this reason I don't expect one Prrogramming issue.

2. Yes I use external oscillators 8MHz and 32KHz, but there are not programmed now. I don't expect external oscillator issues.

3. It is my own design with only Voltage USB & SWD & oscillator Connection, the  rest of the pins are open. May be there is something wrong. But all is connected as explaint in the STM32F4xx Manuel.

4. The frist answer was helpfull. I found a miscconection in the GND. After is the Error message of ''internal connection error'' disapear, but  I get the ''can not connect'' Error, which means, that I have a additional problem.

I expect a hardware problem and for this reason it will be helpfull to have a example of a working STM32F405 64Pin layout. Do you know one?

regards

Martin

Posted on December 14, 2012 at 18:58

Suggest you just attach a wiring diagram or schematic.

Missing VDDA, or miswiring the JTAG / SWD header are pretty common failure modes

VCAP_1 (31) 2u2 F to ground

VCAP_2 (47) 2u2 F to ground

VBAT connect to VDD absent a supply

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mgmv05
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2013 at 17:20

Hi cleve1,

here is attached Laxout of my stamp.

Everything you told is checked up to now. The microntroller layout is from my side, which means that the Pin numbers and names can be wrong. It is checked from my side twice, but never the less can be wrong.

It worst for me that after connecting the SWD that allways the voltage on the microcontroller is ricing up to 5V.

Could you please check the layout. I agree with you that the SWD wiring can be wrong. I will check it too.

regards

Martin

Attachments :

Stamp_STM32F405RG.pdf : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HtXu&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aRa%2Fm_JFmcYE_qhyyEf6IQOtBihTzfOKHAgDQZhruE5uPOY&asPdf=false
ken239955
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2013 at 23:35

The last time we fixed a similar problem the person had the chip incorrectly rotated by 90 degrees.

mgmv05
Associate II
Posted on February 24, 2013 at 19:21

Hi Ken, Clev+,

thanks for the replies. I get the ST32F405 connected, via ST-Link SWD hardware. It works with the Atollic true Studie 2.3.0, but nto with the ST-Link Utilitie software version 2.2.

I have an other board with ST32F103 and there both softwars are working well via the ST-LINK SWD hardware.

I don't know why, but is in this way.

May be somebody knows Why?

regards

Martin