Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDP packet receive problem

borzoo
Associate
Posted on August 24, 2015 at 12:59

Hi all,

I'm using UDP Echo client code example in STM32F217xx.I can send the custom buffer...ok but I can't receive udp packets from PC.

I have a VS code that can generate UDP test packets as well...

I use the udp_recv function that sets a call back function...I have a breakpoint in callback function...but no packet receive.

When I check in wireshark, it says: destination port is unreachable !!! I changed the port but the problem remains...

It would be appreciated if you help any way.Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 25, 2015 at 18:32

Hi khoshnoud.borzoo,

Refer to  

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/DM00026013.pdf

, it can guide you.

-Shahrzad-

akosodry
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2016 at 20:48

Hello khoshnoud.borzoo,

i have the same problem. Did you find the solution?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards.

akosodry
Associate II
Posted on June 14, 2016 at 20:55

HelloShahrzad,

from the application note its not that obvious what could be the problem with the provided example project. Could you give us some hints, tips? In theudp_client_connect(void) function we define the receive callback byudp_recv(upcb, udp_receive_callback, NULL). I suppose that the

void udp_receive_callback(void *arg, struct udp_pcb *upcb, struct pbuf *p, const ip_addr_t *addr, u16_t port);

shall be called every time a package is received, however i debugged and it is not called. I assume something is missing in the example code.. Thanks for your help in advance. Best regards.