cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build an STemWin simulation?

massimiliano2399
Associate II
Posted on November 16, 2017 at 09:29

I'm trying to setup some gui windows using STemWin. It would be very helpful if I could compile some simulations to run on a PC (I suppose Windows, Linux is out of the question?).

I have seen that in the STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.17.0/Middlewares/ST/ST/STemWin/Simulation/ directory there are GUISim.lib, SimulationMinGW.res and WinMain.c files, but I have not found documentation on how I should use them (note that I don't know Windows as well as I know Linux).

The STemWin Reference Manual has a chapter on simulation but does not mention these files.

Where can I find a step-by-step guide to compile an STemWin  simulation running on PC?

Where can I find some example that I can start from?

Where can I find examples for both MSVC++ and MINGW (I suppose that MINGW is supported given the name of the foo file SimulationMinGW.res)

best regards

Max

#stemwin #stm32f4 #simulation #mingw
3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 16, 2017 at 10:26

Hello,

Have you looked to thisApplication Note

/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.st.com%2Fst-web-ui%2Fstatic%2Factive%2Fjp%2Fresource%2Ftechnical%2Fdocument%2Fapplication_note%2FDM000896pdf

?

I'd highly recommend you to have a look to STemWin examples under STM32Cube F4 package as:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0\Projects\STM32469I_EVAL\Applications\STemWin.

Best Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on November 16, 2017 at 11:52

I read the AN4323 application note, but no reference to simulation.

I have taken a look at the examples you mentioned but I have not found out how to compile these examples and have them run in a simulation on PC.

then, how to use the files GUISim.lib, SimulationMinGW.res and WinMain.c?

best regards

Max

Posted on May 05, 2018 at 02:56

Have you found the way to build simulation?  if you check STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.xx.x\Projects\WIN32\STemWin_Simulation, there is a Visual Studio file which you can open and configuration is needed in order for you to compile it.