cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f0 I2C

egenchic
Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2012 at 09:16

I just want to know if anyone tried and make i2c work with STM32f0 ? I am very curious. anyone tried and any know limitations? I will appreciate with any i2c answers. I am very confused. Thanks

#cpal-i2c-stm32f0
4 REPLIES 4
crt2
Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2012 at 10:00

I am working with i2c on f2 and f1 without any major problems.

egenchic
Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2012 at 11:01

thanks for reply... 

yes, I could see that there are a lot of examples and suggestions about f1,  but not f0 i2c.

when I read the spec AN4088 'Migrating from stm32f1 to stm32f0' , it says here :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.14   I2C interface

The STM32F0 series embeds a new I2C peripheral versus the F1 series. The architecture,

features and programming interface are different.

As a consequence, the F0 I2C programming procedures and registers are different from

those of the F1 series, so any code written for the F1 series using the I2C needs to be

rewritten to run on F0 series.

---------------------------------------

''so any code written for the F1 series using the I2C needs to be rewritten to run on F0 series.''

it seems that for F0 I2C wouldn't work with F1 I2C. I haven't tried anything with STM and I am very new to STM, never tried f1, f2.... and I have f0, so I am trying to make i2c work on f0 but no luck! It's too early to try with f0. or  any other advices do you have? 

crt2
Associate II
Posted on October 23, 2012 at 15:34

I would have helped you if I knew what was wrong (other thread). Maybe only advice would be to try to find FWLib examples for f0 (I'm sure there are some out there). i2c is not exactly non-popular protocol in uC world, so it is considered something like 3rd application - after led blinking and timer/button interrupts...

Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on December 07, 2012 at 12:02

Hi,

Do you still need such help?

If yes, you can find many examples in the Standard Periph Library (

http://www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/FIRMWARE/stm32f0_stdperiph_lib.zip

).

Details about the how to use are given in the readme.txt files.

Cheers,

STOne-32