Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm8 uart1

debruyne.marc
Associate II
Posted on October 29, 2012 at 07:25

hello,

please can someone one help me with a uart problem on the stm8s

i use a crystal of 14.7456 Mhz , also i do the change of the clock system, see the atached program.

the uart1 is initialised as, pa4 and pa5,

also i use a second computer with the DOCKLIGHT program to analyze the communication.

the uart is set for 9600 baud, 1 stop , 7 data even parity

also the docklight program is set for that .

if i send one character from the stm8s to the other computer i see that character correct.

even with different characters

no if i send a character from the docklight program on the other computeri also see that character correct in the stm8s data ram

but if i will send a string of characters ,for example 

81    82    83    84    85    from the docklight program,i receive  in the stm8s data ram

81    82    03    84    05

i have tryed with other characters, and it seems then the 7 bit is always set to 1, some characters are correct

please , is there any idea what i do wrong in the program

see atached assembly program file

many thanks

marc debruyne

3 REPLIES 3
konay61
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2012 at 13:21

Hi Marc,

I can suggest a solution before thinking on it deeply, that is ANDing the received data by 0x7F. It may fix your problem.

Good luck,

Kadir    

jdf25252
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2012 at 15:32

Since you've configured your terminal program for 7 bits Even parity  you can only use the lower 7 bits for data.  Bit 7 will be adjusted to provide even parity in the transmitted data.  Unless you REALLY need parity checking you will be much better off if you config BOTH ENDS for 8 bit no parity.

jdf

debruyne.marc
Associate II
Posted on October 30, 2012 at 18:48

hello

thank you for the information, i have tryed it , and its working

many thanks

marc debruyne