rpo
Associate II
Posted on September 10, 2008 at 12:36

STM32 CAN connections

4 REPLIES 4
rpo
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:44

The pin definition table in the STM32 datasheet states that CANtx & CANrx are available as remap functions for VFQFPN36 on pins PD0 & PD1. However the AFIO section in the reference manual says that PD0 & PD1 are only available for remapping for the 100 and 144 pin packages. Which is correct?

pandoraems
Associate II

I would like to piggy-back on your question if i may

I have 64pin package. I hear a lot that it's either USB OR CAN (not both) for this chip. But now i read about the remapping and seems like with 64pin package it's possible to remap to PB8, PB9 for CAN

hopefully someone who actually tried this CAN remap chimes in

russ
Associate II

From what I understand, you can remap, but you still can't use CAN and USB at the same time. They share the same memory:

From the Reference Manual->

Note: The USB and CAN share a dedicated 512-byte SRAM memory for data transmission and

reception, and so they cannot be used concurrently (the shared SRAM is accessed through

CAN and USB exclusively). The USB and CAN can be used in the same application but not

at the same time.

stm322
Associate II

The CAN can be on port A or B for any packages. But for 100 and 144 pin packages, there is also the possibility to remap the CAN on port D.