Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F207ZGT6

mohana
Associate
Posted on August 18, 2013 at 12:07

Dear All,

We are using STM32F207ZGT6 in our product which is used for CAN & Ethernet communication.Recently we observed one issue in our board.Board will goto non working condition suddenly and if we connect ST link utility for reprogramming it is showing that readout protestion is enabled(Level 1).We can't bring from Level 1 to Level 0.

In the working board Resistance between VCAP1 / VCAP2  to ground is ~5K.But in non-working board it is around 35 Ohm.We can suspect that internal reulator might goes bad.

Please let me know if anyone faced similar issue.

Thanks

#stm32f207zgt6
2 REPLIES 2
jpeacock2399
Associate II
Posted on August 18, 2013 at 17:19

It has happened to me twice, using 'F205s.  I reported the problem through my distributor (Arrow) to ST but they were not able to reproduce the problem.  The two bad parts get very warm, in line with your description on VCAP.  The core still works when connected to JTAG but no flash access and I can't reset option byte.

There have been a few forum posts about this so it looks to be an STM32 problem but no idea if ST is working on it.

Jack Peacock
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on September 20, 2013 at 14:16

Hello Mohana,

As this is a ''random'' issue, could you please contact your FAE to do the needed for a failure analysis request in order to identify problem root cause?

Best Regards

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.