Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformer Refinement in ACDC with Viper

andreacorsi9
Associate
Posted on November 06, 2012 at 11:45

Hallo,

I'm using eDesign Studio for a Viper17 simulation. I try to do a Transformer Refinement by a click on the icon. A window (Window1.jpg) appears with only the main parameters like Reflected Voltage, Primary Inductance and Leakege. In my colleague simulation, the same window (Window2.jpg) includes more parameters like turn ratio, core, ... Is there an hidden option?

Thank in advance

Andrea

6 REPLIES 6
Patrizia BELLITTO
ST Employee
Posted on November 06, 2012 at 12:03

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your interest in eDesignSuite.

Up to now the complete transformer design is available only for VIPer applications with one output, while, for more outputs, the tool provides just the transformer specifications.

Best regards,

Patrizia Bellitto

Simulation and Design Tools Team

vignesh91
Associate
Posted on June 24, 2015 at 11:31

Hi Patrizia Bellitto,

How to select a proper Core based on these transformer specification. Do you have a any reference document for this.

Regards,

Vignesh

Patrizia BELLITTO
ST Employee
Posted on June 25, 2015 at 10:11

Hello,

I'm sorry but there is no public reference document that describes how to select the correct core, according to transformer specification.

Best regards,

Patrizia

Shashank TS_2
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2018 at 07:42

Hi,

I am unable to find the number of turns for the  transformer in this reference design . Can someone help me out with the same.

Application note:  AN4905

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/solution-evaluation-tools/psu-and-converter-solution-eval-boards/steval-isa180v1.html

Posted on February 09, 2018 at 10:29

Hello,

the transformer is part number 750315363 from Wurth. Its characteristics are described at chapter 5 of the application note: 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/18/ae/f4/a6/6b/21/43/9b/DM00325600/files/DM00325600.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00325600.pdf

Othewise you can try to simulate the same design with eDesignSuite to better evalute the application behaviour.

Best regards,

Patrizia

Posted on February 09, 2018 at 10:35

In the application note the number of turns are not mentioned

unfortunately. For the manufacturer I need to specify the number of turns

and the wire gauge size which is missing.

On Feb 9, 2018 3:00 PM, 'Patrizia Bellitto' <st-microelectronics@jiveon.com>