cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not disable out protection

alireza_roozitalab
Associate III
Posted on July 21, 2013 at 15:43

hello every one.i have stm32f407 demo board that i cant program it any more. last program work correctly ,but if i want to erase the chip or program it again make the error

stilinkv2/and st-link software error

''could not disable out protection''

ulink and keil

''flash timeout .reset target and try again ''

stlink/v2 and keil

''flash timeout .reset target and try again ''

10 REPLIES 10
Posted on July 21, 2013 at 16:36

Strap BOOT0 High

If READ out protection is still enabled then you perhaps have other problems. What were you doing prior to this? Is the supply working properly?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
megahercas6
Senior
Posted on July 21, 2013 at 16:38

Did you used SWD pins ? (PA13 and PA14) if yes, you need hold reset, connect at the same time by using STLink utility, and when you connect it, do chip erase.

And don't use PA13 and PA14 anymore

alireza_roozitalab
Associate III
Posted on July 21, 2013 at 19:02

could not disable out protection

thanks for your reply

i just used spi and eth nothing more .many days ago i Removed jumper of boot0 and forgotten replace it so it was floating!yesterday i use the board but when i reset it , program some time work correctly and some time it don't work  and some time worked but stopped after many second .and after this i remember that jumper and replace it! micro don't programmed any more but it run the last programed that i can program it correctly! is it possible that make damage to the flash?now i cant program it erase it even read it .but st link and ulink ident it!

alireza_roozitalab
Associate III
Posted on July 22, 2013 at 06:00

no i didnt use this pins.even i tried to use flash loader but it didn't worked!

if i want to change option byte make error:

''could not set option byte please reset the target and retry''

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on July 22, 2013 at 15:24

Did you used the ST-Link Utility (

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258168

) as suggested by Linas?

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

alireza_roozitalab
Associate III
Posted on July 23, 2013 at 07:22

yes i use version 3.1.0

alireza_roozitalab
Associate III
Posted on July 26, 2013 at 16:24

still have problem.should i change the micro?

Posted on July 26, 2013 at 16:44

Well that's certainly an option of last resort.

Are you sure all the surrounding circuitry is functioning correctly? The supplies would be something I'd check, along with the voltage on the VCAP pins. I'd also connect a serial port, probably USART3, and try using the System Loader, initially via the Flash Loader Demonstrator.

If the core is powered and not responsive, then yes I'd probably switch the chip out, or experiment with another Discovery board.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
2013ee139
Associate II
Posted on April 02, 2016 at 08:08

Flash timeout reset target and try again

hello, i am using stm32f407. I was working on PWM using timer4 .Accidently i connected VDD pin to 10V. Now my stm is not downloading program and previously downloaded program is also not working . Every time I press download button it is shownig me this message

''Flash Timeout:Please reset the target and try again.''

Please help me how to fix this problem.