Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BootLoader with AN2557 creat bin file

Barbie
Associate II
Posted on March 25, 2013 at 16:10

For the demo example AN2557

1.does it need a special bin file to creat, because standard bin file doesn't contain the format show in the YMODEM.c ?

2.Does this format made by the UART modem if put in YMODEM?

3.What is the porpose of all the files locate in binary folder under IAP example? I try to operate the hex2bin.exe but no window open.

4. Does standard bin file also contain location index or just raw data? And if it just raw data it is mean that I have to put it byte after byte start from the file reset point? DOes it also mean taht if there a gup in the address I get lines of 0x00 or 0xff at that place?

Reagrds

Bar.

#an2557-usart-bootloader-demo
1 REPLY 1
Posted on March 25, 2013 at 17:16

It's a command line utility, not a Windows GUI tool

hex2bin v1.0.1, Copyright (C) 1999 Jacques Pelletier

usage: hex2bin [-s xxxx] [-e extension] [-c] filename

-s xxxx Starting address in hex

-e extension    output filename extension

-c enable checksum verification

A binary file doesn't have an implied start address, or data related to the address the binary data is situated. It's just binary data, starting at some address which hopefully both sides of the transaction think is the same.

YMODEM is a transfer protocol, supported by your chosen terminal application, or stand alone app. The IAP code implements the receiving end, and will ultimately receive the binary data you created on the PC, and flash that into memory.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..