cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

size of intvec in STM32F205

Barbie
Associate II
Posted on October 24, 2014 at 23:18

I want to use the CRC example of IAR ''ROM size save with CRC32 Note 52791'' from my Boot.

The problem is that the intvec area set on start of the APP ROM but don't get into the CRC calculation.

Today I see that the intvec place on 0x184 bytes.

Can I rely on it that it stay always this size(even when program change) because I can't see from the Boot the map of the APP, so I have to take it as a constant?

#intvec-size-crc-stm32f205
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on October 25, 2014 at 01:25

Not clear why you couldn't/wouldn't checksum them. They are architecturally defined for each chip, and expressed as DCD/.WORD directives in the startup_stm32f4xx.s file

See the Vector Table in the Reference Manual - ''Interrupt and exception vectors''
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Barbie
Associate II
Posted on October 25, 2014 at 09:06

O.K.

Lat say that I check them too. How can I save there size?

Fort the ROM size i use the example const uint32_t ROM_CONTENT_size @ ''ROM_length_used'' = __section_size(''ROM_CONTENT''); 

when the ROM_CONTENT define in the .isf file.

But I can't find a way to check the size of the intvec.

I try this 

const uint32_t ROM_CONTENT_size @ ''ROM_length_used'' = __section_size(section .intvec); but it make an error. I suppose the define of the intvec is wrong. Who I shell call the intvec for size check?

Bar.