Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3210B-MCKIT Hall Sensor or Encoder

mailmail9114
Associate II
Posted on March 12, 2013 at 11:10

hi,

I got the STM3210B-MCKIT and use the 3.2 FOC Lib + Workbench 2.0.

I tried to get the Encoder control to work:

- I jused the SDK32x-STM3210B-EVAL-MB459-Shinano.stmc

- under Drive Management I changed the sensor selection to quadratur encoder

- exported the settings to System & Drive Params

- I compiled with IAR batch command

my problem is that the motor dont start correctly, i often got a overcurrent fault.

if its start it immediately stops.

if i rotate the motor by hand, the measured speed seems to be correct..

what do i wrong? the hall sensor doesnt work also. the sensorless control work as expected.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Gigi
Senior
Posted on March 13, 2013 at 10:57

Hello Alexander,

do you have aligned the Encoder before to start the motor? You have to do this just one time pusking the button in the LCD.

Are you sure that you have properly connected the motor sensors?

Just to be sure I write you the correct configuration:

for the Encoder you have to conect the 4 wires connector Black-Red-Yellow-Blue in the J8 (respectively GND, 5V, none, H2, H1)

for the Hall sensors you have to connect the 5 wire connector Blu-Beige-Yellow-Green-Pink in the J8 (respectively GND, 5V, H3, H2, H1)

for both case the motor phases must be connected in J5 with this order: Red (pin 1), Black (pin 2), White (pin 3)

Ciao

Gigi

mailmail9114
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 12:11

Hi Gigi,

it works now.

I first used my older MB525 REV B Eval Board with the MCKit and got the described problems.

With the the MB525 REV B which is delivered with the MCKit it works.

Same firmware and same connections.

Something has changed with boards although the Rev is the same - the left one is the older board that doesnt work with encoder. Perhaps a known error.

0690X0000060308QAA.jpg

mailmail9114
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 12:17

Hi Gigi,

one question about the St Motor Control Workbench:

Im using the monitor mode via Rs232. is it possible to change the configuration on the fly?

i.e change from encoder to sensor less operation on the running system - without to reflash the board.

in the tab configuration i can change the settings - but it doenst change anything at the motor control board. it seems that the config changed are not send via rs 232.

same fot the PID controller setting at the advanced tab.

Is this possible to change?

thanks

Alexander.

Gigi
Senior
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 12:31

Ciao Alexander,

regarding the control board that doesn't works maybe it is just matter of jumper settings.

It is not possible to changhe the main speed sensor from hall/encoder to sensorless on the fly. This feature is not implemented in the firmware.

Regarding the PI controller using the monitor feature of ST MC Workbench is possible to change in real time the proportional or integral terms of each controller (don't worry if the LCD screen is not updated).

Ciao

Gigi

mailmail9114
Associate II
Posted on March 14, 2013 at 12:46

ok..

one other question: do you know which minimum motor speed i can achieve whith this motor lib 3.2 and the shinano 400 inc encoder?

i used the default pid setting and below 300rpm the motors rotation speed controller starts to oscillate .

do you have better params for low speed application?

thanks

Alexander

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards