Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS42L52 Codec Configuration on MCBSTM32F400 board

mailmail9116
Associate II
Posted on August 26, 2013 at 15:20

Hi ,

I am having a little bit of trouble configuring the audio codec (cirrus CS42L52) on the MCBSTM32F400  (stm32f407IG) evaluation board .

I am trying to do a reset to the codec via the reset pin , but looking from the schematics , there is no any GPIO assigned to the pin ( or an IOE expander like on stm3240g-eval) .

Does anyone knows how can i reset the codec ? is it even possible ? ( see attached schematics )

Thanks

Michae
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on August 26, 2013 at 15:28

Better question, why do you need to reset it?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mailmail9116
Associate II
Posted on August 26, 2013 at 15:36

Well this is how the codec configuration done on the stm324g-eval ( cirrus CS43L22 ) , when i played with it and did not reset it  ( on the stm324g-eval), i recived a ack timout on the I2C when trying to write to the codec register ,I experince the same behavior on the mcbstm32f400 evaluation board. so i guess i need to reset it first prior configuration .

Also as quoted from the CS42L52  datasheet :

4.8 Initialization

The CODEC enters a Power-down state on initial power-up. The interpolation and decimation filters, delta-sigma

and PWM modulators, and control port registers are reset. The internal voltage reference, and

switched-capacitor low-pass filters are powered down.

The device remains in Power-down state until the RESET pin is brought high. The control port is accessible

once RESET is high and the desired register settings can be loaded per the descriptions in the Section 6.

Michael

Posted on August 26, 2013 at 16:21

But it looks to be tied to the processor reset, which by the time you touch it will be high. So I don't see it being in any sleep state.

You might want to look at the initial I2C transaction, and subsequent ones, to understand why you get no ACK.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..