cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend And Resume Servicing A Pending Timer Interrupt Request

tt135589
Associate
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 21:26

In the M3 Cortex processor world how do I suspend and resume servicing a pending timer interrupt request?  In the 8051 world, when the timer overflow the interrupt request flag(TF) is set.  If I don't want the timer interrupt service routine to run at the time the request comes in , I would clear the ET flag to stop the interrupt service routine from lanching.  Then later when I set the ET flag, the interrupt servie routine would lauch to service the interrupt request (TF).  In the Cortex world, what is the equivalent of TF and ET flag.  If I clear UIE flag in TIMx_DIER then I will never get a interrupt request.  Would it works if set the UIE flag and set the UDIS flag in TIMx_CR1 to suspend the interrupt service routine from lauching?  When I clear the UDIS flag would the interrupt service routine launch to service the interrupt request?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ton

#i
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 30, 2012 at 23:01

Not sure I fully understand the context here, but wouldn't

TIM_ITConfig(TIM3, TIM_IT_Update, DISABLE);

TIM_ITConfig(TIM3, TIM_IT_Update, ENABLE);

Mask and unmask the interrupt enable without changing the pending state?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
tt135589
Associate
Posted on December 03, 2012 at 15:53

TIM_ITConfig(TIM3, TIM_IT_Update, DISABLE) would stop the generation of any pending interrupt.  I have found out using

TIM_UpdateDisableConfig(TIM3, ENABLE);

TIM_UpdateDisableConfig(TIM3, DISABLE);

would do the trick.  It is just not well explained in the Cortex Reference Manual the way it is for the 8051 processor.  I don't see the interrupt pending flag specified in any TIMx or NVIC register.