cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDIO DMA initialization order

sdellinger
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2014 at 21:29

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
3 REPLIES 3
andreasduering9
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2017 at 09:42

It would be really great if someone answered to this.

According to the Reference Manual, you should configure DMA before sending the command. So which is correct? I have a similar problem with an STM32F103xxx, where I don't know which order is correct.

Posted on May 17, 2017 at 18:50

Hi

Duering.Andreas

Which firmware version are you using ?

I will check this behavior andkeep you informed about the taken actions/explanation if needed.

Thanks

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on May 18, 2017 at 09:12

Hello

DAHMEN.IMEN

‌,

I assume by firmware you mean the library version? I'm using theStandard Peripheral Library (STSW-STM32054), version 3.5.0 (I'm not using an EVAL board, though that shouldn't affect the question).

The SD example code (STM32F10x_StdPeriph_Lib_V3.5.0\Utilities\STM32_EVAL\Common\stm32_eval_sdio_sd.c) sends the read/write block commands before setting up the DMA, which works 'somehow', but doesn't match the procedure mentioned in section 3.2 'SDIO AHB interface' of the STM32F1 reference manual (RM0008).

Thanks, Andreas