cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32VL Discovery system bootloader

muhammaduzairafzal45
Associate III
Posted on January 10, 2013 at 14:55

Can I change the system bootloader program so that it can be customized according to my application (Actually I want the stm32 system bootloader to take HEX file from my external EEPROM and write it into controller Flash). For this purpose I need to know how to replace original system bootloader and update it to do my above task. Can I change original system bootloader or not? Where is the source code of it and how to change it? I know that there is ST IAP help but this method uses Flash memory to first include IAP drive and then user application is programmed through it but it never uses system bootloader. I want to save memory used by IAP. How can I perform my above task of programming HEX file from EEPROM?

1 REPLY 1
Posted on January 10, 2013 at 16:11

The system loader is in ROM, you cannot replace it, but it is well documented. No source for that.

You'd need to built your own PC base app to process Hex files, and ST provides source code for these applications in the ''Flash Loader Demonstrator''

If you want the device to process Hex files you'll need to code your own loader. It's not particularly difficult.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..