Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDA7297 ground layout

danielgpsalmeida
Associate II
Posted on January 28, 2013 at 19:36

Hello everyone,

I can connect the input ground (from audio source) to power supply ground near the filter capacitors?

As about pgnd and signal ground I have to connect both to the power supply ground with diferent cables, or in the PCB for TDA7297 I can connect both pgnd and sgnd to a large conductive bar in the pcb with two filter capacitors (PCB is not the same as power supply)?

I have to connect the gnd to supply cause I will use another PCB with a design TDA2822M based for headphones.

In breadboards I had terrible instability problems when connected input gnd to power supply filter capacitors, and also when connecting pgnd and sgnd thru different cables, the only way is connect input gnd near the amplifier, otherwise strange noise will appear.

I hope that with good PCB layout all this problems disappear.

I will later make some PCB layouts and will post it here.

Thank you very much for your support,

Best regards,

Daniel Almeida
2 REPLIES 2
Nickname14663_O
Associate II
Posted on January 24, 2014 at 15:23

Hello Daniel,

This forum is dedicated to operational amplifiers, comparators and current sensing products.

In order to be more efficient, another e2e forum has been created for audio amplifiers.

In order to have an appropriate answer by our audio support team, would it be possible to copy/paste your question to the related forum please ?

Here is the hyperlink shortcut :

https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/analog/Lists/Audio%20Amplifiers/AllItems.aspx

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Sylvain

Nickname1623_O
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2014 at 05:35

hi Daniel,

you can connected input ground to SGND , and connected SGND and PGND at minus pin of supply filter E-cap with star connection .

Thanks