cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476 release date

pbayton9
Associate II
Posted on May 27, 2015 at 12:22

Do you have a release date for the new STM32L4xx processors yet ?

And can I pre-order a sample ?

Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Posted on May 27, 2015 at 18:15

Probably something you'd want to talk to your local ST/distributor sales reps about.

http://www.st.com/stonline/contactus/contacts/index.php

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pbayton9
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2015 at 13:37

Hi

I have the following back from Arrow:

STM32L476VG is not complete, we have STM32L476VGT6 and STM32L476VGT6U but they have maturity code 20 (new products) and they cannot be ordered yet STM32L476VE is not complete, we have STM32L476VET6 but it has still maturity code 20 (new product) and it cannot be ordered yet. Do you have any insight into an approximate release date ?

-and also update to HAL and Cube software support as well ?

AVI-crak
Senior
Posted on June 08, 2015 at 20:04

�?а�?колько �?ложно наладить продажу чипов STM32xxx - через торговую площадку http://ru.aliexpress.com/, �?отрудниками по продажам �?амой фирмы ST.

Е�?ть желание покупать чипы без надбавки в 800% в Ро�?�?ии , и парти�?ми в 2-5 штук. В текущем варианте размер партии начинает�?�? от 10000 штук, дл�? того чтобы изучить веро�?тно�?ть коммерче�?кого и�?пользовани�?. �?о �? такими ценами пропадает в�?�?кое желание.

Когда мне будет необходима така�? парти�? - �? �?ам к вам домой приеду, чтобы избежать многочи�?ленных пи�?вок. �?о малое количе�?тво при�?тнее получать по почте.

Гугл не �?правл�?ет�?�? �? переводом , �?мы�?л может изменить�?�?...

How difficult is it to establish the sale of chips STM32xxx - through the trading platform http://ru.aliexpress.com/, sales staff of the company ST.

There is a desire to buy the chips without allowance of 800% in Russia, and the parties in the 2-5 pieces. In this embodiment, the size of the party starts at 10,000 units, to study the probability of commercial use. But with such prices lost all desire.

When I would need such a party - I'll come to your home to avoid the numerous leeches. But a small number of more pleasant to receive in the mail.

Google does not cope with the translation, the meaning may change ...

Posted on June 08, 2015 at 20:33

That's why there are distributors in the chain. People like Digikey, Mouser, RS/Farnell, or whomever, to deal with low quantity accounts.

I honestly don't know how dysfunctional the Russian market is these days, one engineer I went to college with worked in the telecom field, and he had to take his own test equipment into the country, because none would be provided to him, and he wasn't allowed to take it out when he was done.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on June 08, 2015 at 22:01

I am sympathetic - this is very similar to the situation we experienced here before and shortly after the changeover in '89. However, given the economic and political situation, I see little hope for significant changes anytime soon.

The situation may be aggravated by the current

http://europa.eu/newsroom/highlights/special-coverage/eu_sanctions/index_en.htm#5

imposed by EU (ST is principally a European company) onto export to Russia. While the STM32 may perhaps lie outside the definition for ''

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1406553915752&uri=CELEX:02009R0428-20140702

'', I doubt the distributors are eager to check whether the officials are or are not too zealous to put their business on hold...

JW

AVI-crak
Senior
Posted on June 09, 2015 at 00:56

В�?ё зави�?ит от желани�? продавать, и не отчего более. Примеры �? магазинами  типа Digikey, и им подобными - не корректны. Они в�?е торгуют вагонами, им выгодно продать больше, или не продать ничего. Такие магазины закупают �?лектронные компоненты за �?вой �?чёт, им необходимо получать прибыль �?ейча�?. Магазин �?делает 1 раз заказ на 1000 штук , и будет продавать их мак�?имально возможное врем�?, ещё больше магазинов разме�?т�?т информацию о возможно�?ти покупки в 1000 штук - полно�?тью за деньги клиента. �?о е�?ли клиенту нужно так много, он купит там где дешевле - у ва�? дома.

Фирме ST необходимо получать прибыль завтра, в виде 10000+ заказов от разных разработчиков (многих). 

У ва�? е�?ть хороший опыт �? маленькими платами, и по моим под�?чётам они продавали�?ь не в убыток вам - так в чём-же дело?

-------------------

Everything depends on the willingness to sell, and why not more. Examples stores like Digikey, and the like - are not correct. They sell the cars they sell more profitable, or not to sell anything. Such stores buy electronic components at its own expense, they need to make a profit today. The store will do just one order for 1,000 units and will sell them to the maximum possible time, even more stores list information about the possibility of purchasing 1,000 pieces - all for the customer's money. But if the customer need so much, he would buy where cheaper - in your home.

ST's necessary to make a profit tomorrow, as 10000+ orders from various developers (many).

Do you have a good experience with a small fee, and according to my calculations, they were sold at a loss to you - so, what's the deal?

pbayton9
Associate II
Posted on June 10, 2015 at 12:27

Hi

I was just after information on release dates.

It says on the main web page Q2/2015, so I guess that's any time soon ?

Chris1
Senior III
Posted on June 10, 2015 at 21:08

I was able to obtain a few samples of STM32L476RG devices (which ST's web site shows as having Active status), from my local ST representative. 

Peripheral library files for this family are not available yet, but are expected to be released in June (in ''STM32Cube'' form, unfortunately).

Bertrand DENIS
ST Employee
Posted on June 12, 2015 at 17:17

Hello,

The samples should be available at distributor stock this summer.

STM32Cube version with STM32L4 will be posted in July.

Regards,

Bertrand