cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of STM8S opcodes

zimmerman_doug
Associate II
Posted on July 13, 2013 at 06:51

I have looked but can't find a ''complete listing of the op-codes for this MCU.  I'm using the STM8S-Discovery to teach my grand-kids programming, starting at the very basic machine language, then to assembler and then C.  I want them to be able to read the code that is generated by the high level language.   I found about 80 codes listed in the programers manual, but that is not the entire set.  Does anyone know if a full set has been published, or if anybody would object if I created one.

2 REPLIES 2
jonathanscottjames
Associate
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 07:53

i don't know where a manual for the peripherals here is the cpu manual for the stm8s 

http://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/programming_manual/CD00161709.pdf

but it appears that that does not contain the instructions for writing to the analog to digital converter dac or uart or gpio   . i am building a disassembler. i need to publish it on sourceforge. i got it to recognise all the cpu instructions. but i can't find the perifferal access instructions

Philipp Krause
Senior II
Posted on August 11, 2015 at 21:13

All I/O is memory mapped in the STM8. A simple ld (x), a can do I/O depending on the value of x.

Philipp