Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F105 USBD_FS_VCP

evanqian
Associate II
Posted on December 17, 2012 at 16:12

hi  all,

I have bought a STM32F105R8 demo board,   the board can communicate USART1 to CAN1.  now I want to try the USBD and CAN1 in FS mode, so I downloaded the “STM32_USB-Host-Device_Lib_V2.1.0â€� from

http://www.st.com/

web, and modify the VCP program. I replaced the COM1 code with CAN1 in the ''USBD_CDC_VCP.C'',  it  show a COM3 on PC host when the stm32f105 board's usb port plug in. but it has a problem when the VCP ''com3'' send data to CAN1:

step 1. CAN1 ---> COM3 , it  is ok,  the COM3 can continuty received datas from CAN1

step 2. COM3 ---> CAN1 , problem, the CAN1 only received one frame (11 bytes), then it looks like USBD stop.

step 3. if I repleat the ''step 1'' twice or more,  the COM3 will lost the first frame,  the following data can be received.

step 4. if I done the ''step1'', and then do ''step2'', the CAN1 also received one and couldn't get the following data.

the functions ''VCP_DataRx'' is send USB data to CAN1, the ''VCP_DataTx'' is send CAN1 data to USB host in the ''USBD_CDC_VCP.c''.  From the above steps,  I didn't know why the ''VCP_DataRx'' only be called one time?  the RX will be restored when ''VCP_DataTx'' be called.  hope you can tell me how to set the config!
3 REPLIES 3
chaouch
Associate
Posted on December 18, 2012 at 12:33

Hi Evan,

Please chech that you don't have a CAN overrrun error flag set after the call for the VCP_DataRx() API.

with regards

mozra

evanqian
Associate II
Posted on December 18, 2012 at 13:31

Hi Mozra,

thanks, I think it is no matter the CAN setting, because I set the VCP_DataRx() empty, only return the USBD_OK,  if I still send data from COM3 to CAN,  the VCP_DataRx will not be effected by CAN. but it happend same things when It called CAN --->COM3, that the COM3 will also lost the first frame data. 

if the COM3 do not send data (not call VCP_DataRx), the CAN--->COM3 will not lost any frame data. below is my functions:

static uint16_t VCP_DataTx (uint8_t* Buf, uint32_t Len)

{

uint32_t i;

for(i=0;i<Len;i++)

{

APP_Rx_Buffer[APP_Rx_ptr_in]=Buf[i];

APP_Rx_ptr_in++;

/* To avoid buffer overflow */

if(APP_Rx_ptr_in == APP_RX_DATA_SIZE)

{

APP_Rx_ptr_in = 0;

}

}  

return USBD_OK;

}

static uint16_t VCP_DataRx (uint8_t* buf, uint32_t Len)

{

CanTxMsg TxMessage;

u32 i = 0;

u8 TransmitMailbox = 0;

//STX; LEN, HEAD; ID1,ID2; DATA1....DATA8

//02; 0B; 08; 1E C0; 88 43 01 E6 DB 61 39 20

TxMessage.StdId=buf[3]<<8|buf[4];

TxMessage.IDE=CAN_ID_STD;

TxMessage.RTR=CAN_RTR_DATA;

TxMessage.DLC= buf[2];

for(i=0;i<buf[2];i++) TxMessage.Data[i] = buf[i+5];

TransmitMailbox = CAN_Transmit(CAN1, &TxMessage);  i = 0;

while((CAN_TransmitStatus(CAN1, TransmitMailbox) != CANTXOK) && (i != 0xFF))  i++;

return USBD_OK;

}
evanqian
Associate II
Posted on December 18, 2012 at 13:41

void CAN_Configuration(void)

CAN_InitTypeDef        CAN_InitStructure;

CAN_FilterInitTypeDef  CAN_FilterInitStructure;

/* CAN register init */

CAN_DeInit(CAN1);

CAN_StructInit(&CAN_InitStructure);

/* CAN cell init */

CAN_InitStructure.CAN_TTCM=DISABLE;  CAN_InitStructure.CAN_ABOM=DISABLE;

CAN_InitStructure.CAN_AWUM=DISABLE;  

CAN_InitStructure.CAN_NART=DISABLE;

CAN_InitStructure.CAN_RFLM=DISABLE;   CAN_InitStructure.CAN_TXFP=DISABLE;  CAN_InitStructure.CAN_Mode=CAN_Mode_LoopBack;

CAN_InitStructure.CAN_Mode=CAN_Mode_Normal; 

CAN_InitStructure.CAN_SJW=CAN_SJW_1tq;  CAN_InitStructure.CAN_BS1=CAN_BS1_8tq;  CAN_InitStructure.CAN_BS2=CAN_BS2_7tq;  CAN_InitStructure.CAN_Prescaler = 18; 

CAN_Init(CAN1, &CAN_InitStructure);

/* CAN filter init */ 

CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterNumber=0;  CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterMode=CAN_FilterMode_IdMask;  

CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterScale=CAN_FilterScale_32bit;

CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterIdHigh=0x0000;  CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterIdLow=0x0000;;  CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterMaskIdHigh=0x0000;  CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterMaskIdLow=0x0000;  CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterFIFOAssignment=0; ;  CAN_FilterInitStructure.CAN_FilterActivation=ENABLE;

CAN_FilterInit(&CAN_FilterInitStructure);

/* CAN FIFO0 message pending interrupt enable */

CAN_ITConfig(CAN1, CAN_IT_FMP0, ENABLE);

}

Hi Mozra,

thanks, I think it is no matter the CAN setting, because I set the VCP_DataRx() empty, only return the USBD_OK,  if I still send data from COM3 to CAN,  the VCP_DataRx will not be effected by CAN. but it happend same things when It called CAN --->COM3, that the COM3 will also lost the first frame data. 

if the COM3 do not send data (not call VCP_DataRx), the CAN--->COM3 will not lost any frame data. below is my functions:

static uint16_t VCP_DataTx (uint8_t* Buf, uint32_t Len)

{

uint32_t i;

for(i=0;i<Len;i++)

{

APP_Rx_Buffer[APP_Rx_ptr_in]=Buf[i];

APP_Rx_ptr_in++;

/* To avoid buffer overflow */

if(APP_Rx_ptr_in == APP_RX_DATA_SIZE)

{

APP_Rx_ptr_in = 0;

}

}  

return USBD_OK;

}

static uint16_t VCP_DataRx (uint8_t* buf, uint32_t Len)

{

CanTxMsg TxMessage;

u32 i = 0;

u8 TransmitMailbox = 0;

//STX; LEN, HEAD; ID1,ID2; DATA1....DATA8

//02; 0B; 08; 1E C0; 88 43 01 E6 DB 61 39 20

TxMessage.StdId=buf[3]<<8|buf[4];

TxMessage.IDE=CAN_ID_STD;

TxMessage.RTR=CAN_RTR_DATA;

TxMessage.DLC= buf[2];

for(i=0;i<buf[2];i++) TxMessage.Data[i] = buf[i+5];

TransmitMailbox = CAN_Transmit(CAN1, &TxMessage);  i = 0;

while((CAN_TransmitStatus(CAN1, TransmitMailbox) != CANTXOK) && (i != 0xFF))  i++;

return USBD_OK;

}