cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFs r0.12c breaks FatFS example FatFs_USBDisk in F7_FW v1.9.0

Christopher Pappas
Senior II
Posted on January 22, 2018 at 19:15

Hello to all. I noticed that in the latest release of firmware for the STM32F7 (v1.9.0) the example application FatFs_USBDisk no longer works. During any fs_open command, an error is generated, and the app halts.

This did not happen in the previous version of firmware for the STM32F7 (v1.7.0).

I saw in the product release notes that there was an upgrade of components to the entire FatFs structure. I tried to follow the new rules of operation for the new upgrade (i.e - use updated usbh_diskio files, set block size to 512, etc), but still can't get it to run properly.

The folder for the FatFs applications is \STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32F767ZI-Nucleo\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_USBDisk.

Can somebody verify that they are seeing the same errors as I am seeing here now with this newly upgraded FatFs structure?

Thanks so much!!!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher Pappas
Senior II
Posted on January 23, 2018 at 13:51

I looked up the error code I am getting from f_open. it is FR_NO_FILESYSTEM - There is no valid FAT volume on the drive or wrong lower layer implementation.

I tried another flash drive (Lexar 16GB) instead of the Lexar 32GB I was using.

That corrected the error.

I guess FatFs does not support drives larger than 32GB.

All okay now. Thanks everyone!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on January 22, 2018 at 20:21

I can confirm that \STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD works

I'm using FatFs r0.13 in my own trees, and that does have significant namespace differences to prior versions I was using.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 23, 2018 at 01:46

Yes you are right Clive. I think the problem is just with the USBDisk application only.

I'm using the 

STM32F767ZI-Nucleo board here only.

Do you have an STM32F767ZI-Nucleo board to check it on?

Posted on January 23, 2018 at 01:57

I have some, but not immediately to hand.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Christopher Pappas
Senior II
Posted on January 23, 2018 at 13:51

I looked up the error code I am getting from f_open. it is FR_NO_FILESYSTEM - There is no valid FAT volume on the drive or wrong lower layer implementation.

I tried another flash drive (Lexar 16GB) instead of the Lexar 32GB I was using.

That corrected the error.

I guess FatFs does not support drives larger than 32GB.

All okay now. Thanks everyone!!!