Associate II
Posted on December 21, 2012 at 21:46

I'm attempting to get DFU over USB working on a STM32F205VET6. Chip marking:

STM32F205

VET6        X

HPABG    VG

KOR   HP   225

Computer Windows 7 64-bit Intel Pentium dual core processor

The BOOT0 input is derived from USB-VBUS, power is NOT USB. So plug in USB, power up processor. PC plays USB device connected sound, then reports ''unrecognised device''.

Using a 'scope I can see several transactions on the USbus.

Elsewhere I can see a reference to ''Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)''.

Checking with device manager, I've tried updating the driver manually, it just reports no driver is necessary for this device.

Also tried this on my laptop with windows XP, similar result although XP does report VID and PID both as 0000 (Win7 doesn't reports and VID or PID values.

I can get the bootloader to work using the serial connection, so I know the BOOT0/BOOT1 pins are correct.

This is on equipment provided to me for evaluation. It will need to be easily field upgradeable by users so USB is a MUST.

Thanks in advance for any help/information.

3 REPLIES 3
michaelblandford9
Associate II
Posted on December 22, 2012 at 00:21

Extra info:

Serial bootloader reports:

PID 0411

BID 3.3

Version 3.1

The crystal on the processor is 12.00 MHz.

Posted on December 22, 2012 at 03:01

STM32F205ZCT6

16 MHz external

Externally powered, not via USB

BOOT0 Jumpered High

Windows 7, x64, AMD Phenom II X6

VID/PID had values suitable to load the drivers, and the DFU Demo app found and programmed the device. I don't have the device in front of me right now, so can't dig into the minutia, but is was a non-painful exercise.

Do you have an STM32F4-Discovery? Can you DFU program that? If that works look carefully how it's wired up, and contrast it to your design.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
michaelblandford9
Associate II
Posted on December 29, 2012 at 00:17

I've just 'scoped the DP and DM signals. DP is OK (0 to 3 volts), but the signal on DM is -1.5volts to +1.5 volts. I've tried the obvious, different cables, different USB ports, and already tried a different PC. I've also checked for shorts on the board, nothing obvious. It looks to me as though the STM32F205 has a faulty DM pin.