Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i am compiling in stvd it will give an error how can i solve this

gangadhar4221
Associate
Posted on January 02, 2013 at 10:32

Hi friends,

I am new to stm microcontroller, when i am compiling my project with st visual develop with cosmic compiler it giving an error like this:

&sharperror clnk Debug\stvd_project.lkf:1 no default placement for segment .dataeeprom

&sharperror clnk Debug\stvd_project.lkf:1 no default placement for segment .LPRUN

The command: ''clnk -l''C:\Program Files\COSMIC\CXSTM8_EVAL\Lib''  -o Debug\stvd_project.sm8 -mDebug\stvd_project.map Debug\stvd_project.lkf '' has failed, the returned value is: 1

exit code=1.

How can i solve this.

#cosmic-m24lr-build
4 REPLIES 4
victoryvignesh1
Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2013 at 08:58

You First Follow The Instruction's Provide in the ''

Getting started with the STM8S and STM8A''...

In the STM website and Compile Your Project It will Compiling...

victoryvignesh1
Associate II
Posted on January 03, 2013 at 09:04

Otherwise You Follow the STM Website..For the Compiling Procedure's...Your Steps to Creste Project is Wrong So only You Get Live This Error..So in That There is one pdf is present in that How to compile in the STVD is Provided.So,You Follow that Pdf..ALL THE BEST.

gangadhar4221
Associate
Posted on January 04, 2013 at 04:18

Thank u vicky rider

roddyrpg
Associate
Posted on March 11, 2014 at 17:37

Hello, I am having a similar error message when I build my codes using the ''release'' mode in order to generate the .s19 file before programming my MCU. Before that, I already build successfully my codes with the ''debug'' mode. The only thing I modified in my code for the ''release'' mode was that I uncommented one line which defined my target STM8L device.

I am using Cosmic. The codes where downloaded from

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM116/SC1444/PF253360

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258104

Thanks in advance.