cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-PCC009V2 firmware reflash

zhiyongwoo
Associate III
Posted on January 08, 2013 at 01:12

I have STEVAL-PC009V2 communication board for the L6470 evaluation purposes. I saw some posts found bugs on either communication board or PC software during the evaluation therefore I went to the website and download a SW driver package (.zip file)

http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/246414.jsp

after extracted, I run the IBUUI Updater.exe in IBUUI Updater directory to perform firmware update. At the last stage, it become no-responsive for almost 15 mins and I believe the software is failed to update the firmware and therefore I unplug my device. Then it causes my communication board completely erased. I have no extra communication board available to continue evaluate L6470 driver. So basically, I am stuck!

Can anyone here to help me restore this communication board firmware? I saw there is a hex file called, IBUUI_V2.hex from

STEVAL-PCC009V2 firmware and is this the hex file to restore its firmware?

I have latest IAR installed and I have j-link JTAG but I have no idea how to load this hex into the communication board. Please help me on this?

#steval-pcc009v2
6 REPLIES 6
cylsping
Associate
Posted on February 08, 2013 at 20:54

Hellow Yong,

''I run the IBUUI Updater.exe in IBUUI Updater directory to perform firmware update. At the last stage, it become no-responsive for almost 15 mins''

I encountered a similar problem, but is noresponsive at the last second step ''Switch to DFU mode''.

''I have latest IAR installed and I have j-link JTAG but I have no idea how to load this hex into the communication board. Please help me on this?''

I think you can use the J-Link's software ''J-Flash ARM'' to download the hex file.

I have the ''STEVAL-PCC009V2'' and ''EVAL6470H'' too, I want to get the software ''USB to serial interface SDK'' but i haven't the CD of ''STEVAL-PCC009V2''. (depicted in the ST User Manual ''UM0935''),

any can you send it to me by email? my email address ''

mailto:charlysing@yahoo.com.cn

''

thank you!

mcastellani9
Associate
Posted on February 28, 2013 at 14:22

Does anyone have the 

IBU Universal Interface firmware updater? In the new website I cannot find it!!

roger239955_st
Associate
Posted on March 11, 2013 at 17:39

Hi Yong,#

I too have had exactly the same problem as you when trying to upgrade the firmware and am now left with non-functioning hardware. I don't have IAR or j-link so am perhaps more stuck than you.

Does anyone out there have any ideas or suggestions how I can get my board up and running again.

Many thanks

loibl2
Associate II
Posted on April 20, 2013 at 12:37

Same problem here, the IBUUI updater just stucks between bullet point ''Connect to board'' and ''Switch to DFU mode''.

Switching to DFU onboard does not matter anything...

dimarco.gianfranco
Associate II
Posted on August 08, 2013 at 10:33

the WEB is updated:

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM116/SC1233/PF246414

Hi all, I'm working with the STEVAL-PCC009V2 board and the EVAL6480H, I'm try to update the STEVAL-PCC009V2 firmware by means the application IBUII updater on WinXP Pro SP3 but every time the application fail to start with a no found DLL error.

At the first was about the setupapi.dll so I've overwritten the original one into the Updater folder with the one taken from the WINDOWS\System32 and this error was solved, after that I got another unhandled exception about the SPI_SDK.dll, I've attached the screenshot nag for details, this DLL is still present into the folder so I'm stuck and no idea how to proceed.

Someone can give me a little bit help on this subject?

Thank

Best regards

Fabio