cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function of SYSCFG_EXTILineConfig

kunal5959
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2013 at 11:20

Can anyone explain me what exactly is SYSCFG_EXTILineConfig command used for while dealing with interrupts ?

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on January 14, 2013 at 16:27

It configures the pin routing for an interrupt source.

This is achieved by programming the SYSCFG_EXTICRx configuration registers, which control signal muxing.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
michaelmccartyeng
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2013 at 20:01

I've often found the best way to learn about functions is to right click -> goto definition, then read the comments above the function. That will tell you about the function. then from there if you want more information of how that function should be used in overall go to the top of the source file where you found the function. The stdpeph lib is very good with comments and I think that is where most of the help files are generated from. 

Then if you still really want to know what the function does decode the function and see what it does to what register then go look in the data sheet for that register and see what it does. 

@brief Selects the GPIO pin used as EXTI Line. * @param EXTI_PortSourceGPIOx : selects the GPIO port to be used as source for EXTI lines where x can be (A..I). * @param EXTI_PinSourcex: specifies the EXTI line to be configured.SYSCFG->EXTICR

Sorry, don't mean to patronize anyone simply trying to help out in the forums. This information has really helped me before.