cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs using LwIP with FreeRTOS on STM32F107

mb300sd
Associate
Posted on January 05, 2016 at 08:20

LwIP works with all default settings if FreeRTOS is not enabled. Adding a single MX_LWIP_Process(); in the main loop makes the board pingable.

If FreeRTOS is enabled, it gets stuck at HAL_Delay() during the initialization because HAL_IncTick is never called in the SysTick interrupt. Adding it there allows the code to make it past initialization, however the board is still not pingable. It appears that the ethernet receive interrupt is never triggered, although I've gotten stuck debugging it beyond this point. The NISE and RIE bits are set in the ETH_DMAIER register, but my brakepoint at ETH_IRQHandler is still never hit.
2 REPLIES 2
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on January 05, 2016 at 12:02

Hi mb300sd,

A similar issue is already reported in this [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/stm32f4%20usb%20cdc%20problem&currentviews=28]thread. I am checking it with our team, please be patient when I could get some updated info.

-Syrine-

mb300sd
Associate
Posted on January 05, 2016 at 20:15

Never mind on the second issue. Turned out I was sold a defective waveshare PHY board. Working perfectly with a different one.