Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core is locked up

manoj23
Associate II
Posted on July 29, 2013 at 07:53

Hi all,

I am working on STM32F407ZET6 controller. I am facing problems after downloading code into the controller, it shows some error messages. When i download my code into the controller using J-Link and when i press on RUN icon in IAR Embedded work bench then it shows following errors:

1. Write to IR: Expected 0x1, got 0xf( TAP Command: 10)@ off 0x5. Session aborted.

Sometimes it gives me an error like,

2. Core is locked up, can not halt CPU

So can anyone please tell me what might be the reason of those errors and how can i solve that?

Thanks & Regards,

Jonam
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on July 29, 2013 at 13:45

Look at what you're doing early in your code. Things like reprogramming GPIO's associated the JTAG/SWD, putting the core in to low power modes, iterating in WFI loops, etc.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
manoj23
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2013 at 12:58

Hi Clive1,

I have tried the same code with another hardware and it is working fine. But my first board consistantly showing me that error msg cpu is halted. So there is any hardware related issue or what?

crt2
Associate II
Posted on July 30, 2013 at 14:50

How about mass erase of core and then upload a blinky LED one for check?

Posted on July 30, 2013 at 14:58

I don't know much about your board.

I'd start by looking at the supplies, analogue and digital, the voltages on the core and VCAP. Then I'd look at the reset and JTAG connectivity.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..