Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 slowed down

xtian
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2013 at 01:13

HI ST COMMUNITY,

I just wondering why my stm32f4 Discovery board seems to slowed down, I am still using the same program. I've just powered it on as usual and make it do its usual task of capturing data.. Then when I try to see the data it is capturing it is incomplete so I tried to re program it... still same results so I tried to see the signals on the scope and yes it really have slowed down so I have decreased the delay but now It cannot decode numeric data properly.

I will still check if the cable is the problem. but before that happened I am usually using it to transfer captured data on the serial at 961200 at a delay of FFF the program that recieves the data is a labview program. I have used a delay of FFF because the program cannot see data at a delay of FF now it can read at a delay of FF and if i increas my delay to FFF suceeding data are not read

3 REPLIES 3
xtian
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2013 at 01:17

is it possible that my board was already STATIC infected.?

additional info before when you send for example ABCDEF123456 it would recieve the same way now...

sometimes ABCDEF123456

sometimes abcdEF123456

sometime aBCdEF+(constant special characters)

and other Variating sizes....

it is really confusing why

Posted on February 26, 2013 at 02:06

Corrupt data is more of a sign of signal noise than silicon bit rot. Perhaps you have a bad ground connection, supply issues for the PLL/VCO, or you need to slow the data transfer down to more realistic levels. Asynchronous serial is not considered very robust.

Consider what you have changed, cables you connected, etc.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
xtian
Associate II
Posted on February 26, 2013 at 03:19

Hi clive,

thank you as always... you were right... one of my ground has loos connections... it is working good again...