cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 won't recognize USB driver for STM32F4 discovery (resolved)

alp227
Associate II
Posted on January 21, 2013 at 19:48

I have a STM32-F4 discovery board, specific model ♯ STM32F407 VGT6. Having connected it to my computer via USB I have successfully run its test programs. Additionally I have successfully built a test program that came with IAR EWARM 6.5.

However, I notice that IAR, the ST Link Utility, etc. have been unable to download programs to the board. I noticed that the Devices & Printers section of the Control Panel recognizes my board but has a yellow icon under the device icon, with status ''needs troubleshooting'' and ''driver is unavailable'', despite having installed the USB driver and the STLINK driver showing up in the programs & features section of control panel.

(On edit) Eventually I got my board to work on my old computer that had windows 7.

#stm32-f4-discovery
5 REPLIES 5
alp227
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2013 at 01:57

Already tried that twice, re installing driver under non enforcement mode, but the troubleshooting wizard from Devices & Printers still can't find the driver. Should I copy the STLinkUSBDriver.dll file to that Drivers folder in C:\Windows\system32 or someplace?

Posted on January 22, 2013 at 02:57

I'm using Keil 4.60, not IAR, but this did work for my Windows 8 install which up to that point wasn't working.

C:\Keil\ARM\STLink\USBDriver\ST-Link_V2_USBdriver.exe (3-21-12 8:59:18)

You might want to check if you have the most current firmware on the ST-LINK.

I don't think the system is going to entertain copying files into critical directories.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
alp227
Associate II
Posted on January 22, 2013 at 04:18

Upgraded the firmware, even dl'ed Keil 4.6, still no luck. Up to now I've never had USB issues with my computer, which I got for christmas and had win8 pre-installed.

worldwoo007
Associate
Posted on July 15, 2013 at 13:13

1) Type devmgmt.msc in Search bar

2) Click on

Device Manager

3) on other device Click stm32 discovery for unlock and install device

that could be work.