cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get USB hosting with MSC working

markmark9123
Associate
Posted on January 22, 2013 at 21:24

I am trying to get USB hosting using the MSC class to work on a board with an STM32F407ZGT6 processor, with a STULPI01 ULPI tranceiver.  The overall goal is to read and write a USB thumb drive using FAT FS.

• Started from the STM324xG-EVAL_USBH-HS project (v2.1.0) - the host version that demos USB hosting, MSC, etc.  Removed everything for the LCD or that pertained only to the G eval board.  Other code remained the same, as did defined symbols:
  STM32F4XX

USE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER

USE_ULPI_PHY

USE_USB_OTG_HS

• All of the OTG init code is also called.  USB_OTG_BSP_EnableInterrupt() is the same, and is called.
  • OTG_HS_IRQHandler() never seems to get called, so USBH_OTG_ISR_Handler() never gets called either.
  • USBH_Process is called in the main loop, but phost->gState is always HOST_IDLE.
  • I have looked at the documents UM1021 (STM32F105xx, STM32F107xx, STM32F2xx and STM32F4xx USB On-The-Go host and device library), STULPI01A, STULPI01B (High-speed USB On-The-Go ULPI transceiver), and RM0090 (ARM Reference manual for STM32F40x, et al).  Didn't see how or why this is happening.
 Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong, or where I should look for answers?

#stm32-usb-msc
1 REPLY 1
markmark9123
Associate
Posted on February 08, 2013 at 20:13

I finally got this working - turns out there was a bug in the hardware I was using.  After a little rework, I can get to the thumb drive without any problems.