Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM3240G-EVAL with Demonstration Builder

paulkinzer9
Associate II
Posted on January 25, 2013 at 21:47

Hi,

Just opened a STM3240G-EVAL kit.  I'm trying to get the STM32F2-F4 Demonstration Builder to run, without much success.  If I download the prebuilt binary ''STM324xG_EVAL_Demonstration_Builder_V1.3.0.hex'', it runs until I tap an ICON, then it crashes.  If I download the prebuilt binary ''STM324x7I_EVAL_Demonstration_Builder_V1.3.0.hex, it runs fine.  Surprising, since this seems like the wrong CPU.

The box says this should have a STM32F407IGH6 part, but the chip says STM32F457IGH6.  So, which is the correct target for this board?  Why does the chip say ''457''?

I have a full IAR license, and can rebuild the STM324xG-EVAL project in IAR, and it ends up in the hard fault handler.  There is also a STM324x7I-EVAL project in IAR, but it won't build, since it specifies a STM32F437II processor, which doesn't seem to be supported yet by IAR.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#stm32-demonstration-builder
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on January 26, 2013 at 00:38

From Rev 1 of UM1461

''1.1 Features

■ STM32F407IGT6 microcontroller. The MCU marking on the first boards manufactured is STM32F457IGH6.''

I'd just go with the 407IG as the target.

There are a bunch of reasons why it might Hard Fault, most likely that the FPU is not enabled, but FPU instructions are encountered. Use the debugger or a better fault handler and determine the address of the faulting code.

The FPU enabling code is typically in the front of SystemInit()

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
paulkinzer9
Associate II
Posted on January 28, 2013 at 14:42

Thanks for that little tidbit from Rev 1 of the manual - My copy of the manual, Rev 4, doesn't have that.

Sure, I can debug this thing, it's just kind of surprising that a demo doesn't run out-of-the box.