Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 boot and flash problems

gagosoft
Associate
Posted on January 31, 2013 at 17:18

Hi Everybody!

I have a problem with an prototyping-board having a STM32F103ZET6 as controller.

When I flash the controller, everything is working well. But if I reset or powercycle the module, the controller doesn't boot.

BOOT0 and BOOT1 is connected to GND with 10k.

I'm shure, my flashing-equipment is working well. I have successfully flashed various STM32F10x with this Setup: st-link under Linux in combination with the USB-programmer STLink V2.

Do anyone knows what could be the problem

#stm32-flash-boot
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on January 31, 2013 at 18:09

I'm shure, my flashing-equipment is working well.

Then presumably you can read back the FLASH and verify it's actual content. Then you'd be sure it was written properly.

If it's there and valid then you should start debugging it. Step into it with JTAG/SWD. Use a GPIO or LED to indicate stages of execution, or output via a serial port. Start with a simple GPIO toggling app if you need too.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
gagosoft
Associate
Posted on February 01, 2013 at 11:51

Hi clive1!

Thankyou for your post.

I discovered my VERY STUPID fault in the sourcecode.

When I started this test-project, i took some sniplets from another project and glued it together; quick & dirty, just to start the new board.

The problem was, initializing the GPIO-Config BEFORE activating the clock for this GPIO-Port.

... while writing a new flash-file, the controller don't turn off the clock and the code works fine...