cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st-link error

omerbashir1
Associate
Posted on February 05, 2013 at 06:41

I am using stm32-f407 discovery board with IAR. It was working quite fine but when i tried to interface a 16 x 2 lcd and downloaded the code, it gave the following error .

Fatal error: ST-Link, No MCU device found   Session aborted!

Now it is giving same error on every code

I am new to microcontrollers and dont know much about it. if anyone has a solution please share.

Thanx
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on February 05, 2013 at 21:02

This is a repetitive topic.

If there is an issue with your code load preventing JTAG/SWD connectivity then restart the board with BOOT0 held high.

If it's a physical issue with pins, or putting the wrong voltages on them, you'll have to work that out.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
eeyjws
Associate II
Posted on March 26, 2015 at 03:35

Thanks Clive.

Your method is working.

sheeshassan0
Associate
Posted on October 17, 2015 at 16:00

Hi! I am having the same problem with my STM32F407 Discovery board. I tried to apply the suggested solution but no progress. May be I didn't fully understand what you are trying to say. 

A little elaboration will be appreciated..

Thanks in advance

here is a screenshot.0690X00000605GYQAY.png

Posted on October 17, 2015 at 17:17

May be you can say what you actually did so I can determine if you did what I suggested or something else? A screen shot of the error really doesn't tell me much.

The suggestion on the Discovery board would be to jumper BOOT with VDD to force the chip to run the System Loader, instead of broken User Code when reset. You need to reset or power-cycle.

There are also usually configuration options to permit ''Connect Under Reset'' and to make sure SWD mode is used, not JTAG mode.

Would also suggest you download the ST-LINK Utilities, check if the firmware needs updating, and if you can connect/erase the part from there.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..