Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHM023V2: FOC duration fault

tomtom9197
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2013 at 14:11

Hardware: STEVAL-IHM023V2 + STM32100B-EVAL + custom motor

Configuration: High-voltage 3-phase PMSM, IAR 6.50.2.4585, STM32 PMSM FOC Firmware Library v3.2 - WEB distribution

I'm trying to get started with the example IAR project from the FOC firmware STM32F10x_Workspace.eww. Serial connection via Motor Control Workbench is running, I can see valid bus voltage and temperature. If I click the ''Start Motor'' button I can hear a soft click noise (it's not the relay of the inrush cuurent limit relay) and get the error status FOC duration fault. I use single shunt configuration because Motor Control Workbench says: ''Current sensing three shunt technique is not supported  by STM32F100 medium density.'' What's going wrong here? Thank you for any hints.

#foc-stm32100b-ihm023v2-sdk3.2
2 REPLIES 2
Gigi
Senior
Posted on February 25, 2013 at 09:22

Ciao Sciro,

Probably the FOC duration fault is raised because you set in the STMC workbench a FOC execution rate that exceed the STM32F100 capabilities.

Usually you have to set a FOC repetition rate that is below the 11 kHz using the STM32F100 microcontroller.

The FOC execution rate is the combination of two parameters: the PWM frequency and the Torque and flux regulators Execution rate present in the Drive Management - Drive Setting sections. You have to divide the PWM frequency by the Execution rate to know the actual FOC execution rate.

So I think that lowering the PWM frequency or increasing the Execution rate you can get an admissible value for the STM32F100.

Ciao

Gigi 
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards