cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with SDIO please

Palacios.Bruno
Associate III
Posted on October 28, 2013 at 15:31

Hi guys, first of all sorry if my english isn't good, lol.

I've been working with a stm32f407vg + ethernet + lwip + sd card (using the stm32f4_discovery_sdio_sd.c) for my degree final proyect. I was able to use the modules separately, I mean stm32f4 + ethernet +lwip and stm32f4 + SDIO. The thing is that now I want to store the data which comes from the server program, which runs in my laptop, into the SD Card. As I told you I was able to store information in the SD (I am not using a file system I only need a memory to store the data as fast as posible). The problem is that when I copy the data pointed for the pointer (void *) payload that LWIP use, the SDIO interrupt gives me a SD_DATA_CRC_FAIL result and no data is transfered to the SD. Here is a piece of code where I make the storage:

/* Here I used a lot of convinations such as:

for(i = 0; i <

; i++)

Buffer[i] = (char *)(p->payload + i);

strncpy(Buffer,(char *)p->payload, BUFFERSIZE);

With the debugger I could see that the data was succesfully copied into the Buffer array

*/

memcpy(Buffer,(char *)p->payload,BLOCKSIZE);

Status = SD_WriteBlock(Buffer,0x00,BLOCKSIZE);

Status = SD_WaitWriteOperation(); // At this point the SDIO_ISR return CRC FAIL.

while(SD_GetStatus() != SD_TRANSFER_OK);

Searching in the forum and google I read that the SDIO port has a problem with the CRC. So I've downloaded the errata sheet but I don't understand if the problem I'm having is related with that. The strange thing is that if I use a buffer filled with data of the program, the transfer goes well, but whenever I fill the Buffer with the data pointer by payload (which comes from the server) the SDIO gives me that error. Even if I only fill one element of the Buffer array. Does anybody can help me? Im desesperated. Thank you very much! Best regards, Bruno #discovery #stm32 #wait-for-you--clive1-!-!-!
1 REPLY 1
Posted on October 28, 2013 at 18:50

The most current release is here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7OY5pub_GfIY01DaHY4OVp4NUk/edit?usp=sharing

This has the Card Select pin as used by the

http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=47W1731&CMP=KNC-GPLA&mckv=sTV6MbBK8%7cpcrid%7c27090073701%7cplid%7c

board.

I would use SD_WriteMultiBlocksFIXED()

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..