cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in stm32f4xx_hal_rcc.h v1.5.0

Eugene S.
Associate III
Posted on November 18, 2016 at 14:11

#define IS_RCC_PLLQ_VALUE(VALUE) ((4U <= (VALUE)) && ((VALUE) <= 15U))

This line doesn't fit to the RM0390 (page 126): 0000: PLLQ = 0, wrong configuration 0001: PLLQ = 1, wrong configuration 0010: PLLQ = 2 0011: PLLQ = 3 0100: PLLQ = 4 ... 1111: PLLQ = 15 #hal-library-bug
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on March 16, 2017 at 17:39

Hi Eugene,

I would inform you that your reported issue is fixed in the last release of STM32CubeF4 V 1.15.0

Thanks for your contribution which is helpful for us to improve our SW offers.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 18, 2016 at 18:49

Dear user,

Thanks for highlighting this issue. Your feedback is reported internally for checking and  working to resolve this.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

For your improvement, you are using an old firmware version and you should update the last one STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.13.0 through

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef4.html

, as there is always enhancement and bug fixes in the new release.

Best Regards

STM32.forum

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Eugene S.
Associate III
Posted on November 18, 2016 at 19:46

I use the latest device firmware pack for Keil (v2.10.0). It was released few months later after the latest STM32CubeF4 release. So, I thought, that it includes the latest HAL drivers. But seems, not...

Eugene S.
Associate III
Posted on December 21, 2016 at 15:03

Hi,

I can confirm that stm32f4xx_hal_rcc.h V1.6.0 has the same bug.

Best regards,

Eugene.

Posted on December 21, 2016 at 15:43

Hello

‌,

I checked and confirmed this bug. This is highlighted internally and will be fixed in coming versions.

Thank you for your bug report and your contribution.

Best Regards

-Imen-

Thanks
Imen
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on March 16, 2017 at 17:39

Hi Eugene,

I would inform you that your reported issue is fixed in the last release of STM32CubeF4 V 1.15.0

Thanks for your contribution which is helpful for us to improve our SW offers.

Regards

Imen

Thanks
Imen