cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stmf4-discovery debugger + USART problem

pkishore9
Associate
Posted on February 15, 2013 at 05:12

I 'm new to stmf4 discovery and am facing problems in getting USART working on my STMf4 discovery board, I tried the same code as posted in the discussion ''F4discovery using Uart 1''. but when I click on ''make and restart debugger'', the debugger is running but the code is not getting downloaded into board, and also the debugger is supposed to point to first executable line in my main, but it does not..(the debugger starts in the ''Go'' state). when I try to step the code manually, only a handful of instructions from the ''stmf4xx_rcc.c'' gets executed again and again.  However, things work good when I repeat the same for a simple LED blinking program.    

plz help. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on February 15, 2013 at 12:13

Perhaps you haven't set your project up properly? You don't mention a tool chain, or show code. Are you using USART1/PA9?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pkishore9
Associate
Posted on February 22, 2013 at 14:29

@Clive1 Thank you Sir, I used the same code which you had posted in one of the previous comment. I created a new project and things are working good!!!