cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX HAL examples - please add original ioc project files

Posted on February 03, 2017 at 15:05

Hi,

It would be sometimes useful to have original CubeMX project file (*.ioc) for delivered examples.

It would help to configure additional MCU resources directly using provided examples.

Thanks,

Bogdan

5 REPLIES 5
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on February 03, 2017 at 15:15

Hi

Golab.Bogdan

‌,

This is recurrent request that was under review internally for a while.

For sure, we will come soon with a positive answer.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on February 03, 2017 at 17:29

Some of the HAL examples were hand-crafted. Cube is really a rough framing tool, the more tracts of boiler-plate code it attempts to spit out the more difficult it will become to manage.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on February 03, 2017 at 18:17

Yes, I suspected it. That's why I would like ST to use CubeMX for every example they provide;) The same approach should be taken for BSP examples for x-nucleo boards.

If the CubeMX is the way to go the ST should be the leader who uses it in every example project;)

T J
Lead
Posted on February 03, 2017 at 23:11

I use Cube and maintain the code connection through uV5.

I am constantly updating peripheral functionality from within Cube, downloading into uV5 to update my PCB firmware as required.

Currently, with Cube, I initialize SPIs, IICs, Usarts, DMAs, Interrupts, Priorities, CanBus, AtoDs and Timers

other than that, Cube is not needed.

There are a significant number is configuration steps done within Cube and my OS is blissfully unaware in the code, except everything works.

without the Cube file, the code segments wont function.

It is a great idea golab.bogdan

Posted on June 08, 2017 at 21:23

I was able to prepare the project files for some Discovery boards  - sometimes it's not easy to reverse engineer the BSP drivers. I succeded for exampel with STM32F429-DISCO board BUT I failed for STM412G-DISCO boards. I cannot configure FSMC to support LCD.

A I have an alternative solution: I wonder if the ST Team could share the settings for every peripheral they use for particular Discovery board. This way I would recreate the project file by myself. Take for example the STM412G-DISCO boards. I am just fighting with FSMC setting trying guess what GUI setting should be used for the board:

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkYopSAF