cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STtub driver under windows 8

pa2
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2013 at 12:39

I'm trying to get DfuSe application working under windows 8, but I have problem with installing the STtub driver for device in dfu mode. I have tried to install it with disabled forcing of signed driver in win 8, but still no success. Has anybody solved this and is running STtub driver under windows 8? Thanks a lot for any recommendations!

5 REPLIES 5
Posted on July 04, 2013 at 13:20

What does Device Manager indicate about the device/driver?

Do you get any warnings or errors during the install?

What version are you trying to install? 3.0.2 is more stable than 3.0.3

Are you installing the 64-bit version?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
pa2
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2013 at 13:34

Device manager says just Unknown device under Other devices. It has no driver installed. When I install the driver, I just see ''Windows Driver Package - STMicroelectronics (STTub30) USB (11/09/2009 3.0.1.0)'' under Programs and features in controll panel.

I don't get any massage, installation doesn't show any information.

I have tried both versions 3.0.2 and 3.0.3 and both installations under each version (32bit and 64bit).

Thank you a lot for your interest and for any possible tips.
pa2
Associate II
Posted on July 08, 2013 at 10:37

So I tried to make a fresh installation of Win 8, just to avoid some unexpected errors due to corrupted windows installation. I installed version 3.0.2. and then under ''allowed unsigned drivers mode'' I installed the drivers ''dpinst_amd64.exe''.

I saw progress bar of driver installation runing up to 100% but then no window saying anything like ''Installation finished'' and the driver still doesn't work.

Thanks a lot for any idea, if somebody has.
pa2
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2013 at 23:38

Driver works OK, the problem was on the site of STM32L151 with error in DFU bootloader implementation. When I tried with STM32F4 discovery, everything run allright.

Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on July 11, 2013 at 17:36

Dear Pajik,

What did you mean by STM32L151 not working and with F4 discovery is fine. can you attach a screenshot to see the issue ?  by  the way the Driver is certified WHCL @Microsoft also with Win8 and will be released in next version v3.0.4 ( summer time).

Cheers,

STOne-32.