cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L100 signature + A version

pa2
Associate II
Posted on December 29, 2014 at 19:10

Hello I have two questions regarding STM32L100RB line.

1) How is it with STM32L100RB/STM32L100RB-A versions? Is it so, that only STM32L100RB-A is available and how are those distinguished? I have one of very first commercionally available (through farnell) STM32L100RBT6, and it already has 16KB of RAM, so it should be STM32L100RBT6-A

2) How is it with signature - unique ID in STM32L100RB/STM32L100RB-A, from some migration files I read out, that no one of this should have it available, but in the reference manual, there is written, that all STM32L1xxx should have it. And in reality I can read it with ST-Link utility, so it seems it is available...

thank you in advance

#signature-unique-id-stm32l100
6 REPLIES 6
pa2
Associate II
Posted on January 01, 2015 at 16:56

Could somebody respond my question, I see it very frustrating. I ordered STM32L100RBT6 from Farnell, but I received STM32L100RBT6-A and only possible way how to distinguish which version I have is to try to read 16KB RAM memory area, as -A version has 16KB and the other one only has 10KB. Errata are very different and now I have to be sure to order STM32L100RBT6-A version, how does it work?

No marking on the package for -A version is available. What happened that Farnell send part which they state that they don't have stock at all???

Thank you
Posted on January 01, 2015 at 18:23

Could somebody respond my question, I see it very frustrating.

Look it's New Year's everyone is on holiday, this is a User forum, I don't have a limitless supply of technical information, chips or time to solve everyone's problems. You'll need to pull the data sheet and reference manuals, and experiment.

If you need support from ST, call them, find the local sales or representative office, or distributor FAE.

http://www.st.com/stonline/contactus/contacts/index.php?type=2

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on January 01, 2015 at 18:26

only possible way how to distinguish which version I have is to try to read 16KB RAM memory area, as -A version has 16KB and the other one only has 10KB.

What about reading the ROM (System) area?
pa2
Associate II
Posted on January 02, 2015 at 18:14

Sorry if I offended you. I just didn't want to get this thread lost in the past.

I will contact ST support... I put it here because I was thinking many other users can face same problem if there are wrongly sold part with incorrect product marking.

All the best in 2015 and thanks for awesome support you are giving in this forum (maybe not to my questions - probably because of my bad english to shortly explain problems), but indeed I learned a lot from other threads and especially from your advices! 🙂
Posted on December 29, 2014 at 19:44

Sorry but not able to make a lot of sense from that.

With the L1 series there are two possible address ranges where the Unique ID is stored, if you review the content on a couple of chips you should be able to quickly identify which is workable for the devices you have.
pa2
Associate II
Posted on December 30, 2014 at 11:10

Sorry if my original question was badly asked. My doubts are:

1) Basicly my question was, how can i know, if I have STM32L100x6/8/B or STM32L100x6/8/B-A? Because I thing I cannot see it physically on the package.

On ST web, only STM32L100x6/8/B-A apears now (so I suspect you no more manufacture STM32L100x6/8/B - I hope so) !!!BUT!!! all distributors (farnell, mouser, digikey) have only STM32L100x6/8/B (!!!without A!!!). I have couple of these (!!!without A!!!) in my project, but thay all have 16kB RAM, so thay are obviously STM32L100x6/8/B-A versions. I cannot be verifying each ordered and received x100 microcontrollers to verify if they really are 16kB RAM versions, I need to know already through distributor information (which have this marked obviously wrong)...

2) In TN1176 on page 9, there is stated, that STM32L100x6/8/B and STM32L100x6/8/B-A does not have unique ID! In the reference manual there is written ''This section applies to all STM32L1xxxx devices, unless otherwise specified.'' which applies to Device electronic signature - unique ID feature, so frome this two information, which one is correct? Does STM32L100x6/8/B and STM32L100x6/8/B-A have unique ID, or no?

thank you a lot