cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find stm8l-discovery_dev.zip

davidofwalsh
Associate
Posted on March 13, 2013 at 09:32

This is referenced in various documents regarding the stm8l-discovery, but I cannot for the life of me find it for download anywhere.

4 REPLIES 4
vance
Associate II
Posted on June 06, 2014 at 16:19

I'm having the same problem. The User Manual on developing and debugging applications says starting a new project requires the template in that zip. Where is this zip?

Posted on May 14, 2015 at 18:07

Me too.  Have either of you discovered its location, now?  If so, please could you share that information.  Thanks.

Posted on May 18, 2015 at 13:32

OK, folks - I've found a backup at

http://zx-files.perestoroniny.ru/datasheets/www.st.com/internet/com/SOFTWARE_RESOURCES/SW_COMPONENT/FIRMWARE/stm8l-discovery_dev.zip

I've also taken a full snapshot of the file (and other interesting-looking stuff around it) in case that site dies.  If that has become the case, please contact me by replying here.

sue_manson
Associate II
Posted on January 07, 2016 at 21:28

Hi Tony,

The link you provided is broken.  I've seen a few (older) references on this site with other broken links.  Haven't had any luck finding 3rd party links to ''STM8S-Discovery_dev.zip''.  I created a project without the ''template'' because I couldn't find it or current (apparently) standard peripheral libraries, and get numerous ''errors'' for missing '';'' & '')' characters, and ''old style argument declaration''.  I can't tell if there is a setting somewhere that would alleviate these errors or if something else is wrong.

It seems as though no one from ST monitors this forum, or at least does not provide current (not broken) links/solutions.

Thanks,

Sue