cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F051 Custom board circuit

monta
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 14:32

Hello there, thank you for taking a look at my discussion , I designed the following custom STM32F051 board circuit and before sending it for manufacture I thought like posting it here to verify if everything will work.

Here is a schematic: (I also attached the pdf for more bigger size)

0690X00000605FuQAI.png

As you can see the circuit is relatively simple, with a voltage regulator, the stm32f051 chip and a spi 16Mb flash memory.

Please let me know if I made any mistakes or is it good to go.

Thank you !!

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 15:33

I'd get NRST and GND to the SWD Header

I'd have a pull up on NRST

I'd have a pull down on BOOT0, or ideally a way to select it high/low

I'd provide a means to connect as serial header to USART1 PA9/PA10

I'd probably consider adding pads for series/parallel resistance to the oscillator unless I'd prototyped specific components without them.

Assuming you're just using USB for power

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
monta
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 15:48

Thank you. Precious tips , I'll apply them. I have one more question , I looked online and found services that will  be manufacturing & assembling this board ( custom services) for around 300 $ (while the whole things costs about 10$)! Can't I request one to be made, for lower price from ST ?? Any alternative way ? If possible to answer.

Posted on July 02, 2015 at 17:08

ST isn't going to be interested in one-up quantities*, they sell chips not boards, they are looking for $1M-$1B customers who can design/build their own boards. 

For one-up boards look at using DISCO or NUCLEO boards, they are considered throw-away boards which can easily be modified or mashed up to demonstrate or test concepts.

eBay is also awash with cheap boards, if I can prototype ideas on those, again it's a lot cheaper than designing/building a custom board, and we can design a board directly into manufacture on the first pass.

* I don't work of ST, but have worked in the semi industry for several decades, I understand the business drivers.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
monta
Associate II
Posted on July 02, 2015 at 18:38

I see your point. Again thank you for inspecting my schematic !

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on July 05, 2015 at 16:22

If you are still going with your own board, review Section 6.1.6 in the data sheet for the recommended Vdd and Vdda capacitors to ground.

Cheers, Hal

monta
Associate II
Posted on July 17, 2015 at 20:11

Thank you for letting me know HAL. Definitely a major point !