Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST32CubeMx and GRAPHICS configuration

stefanparli
Associate II
Posted on April 02, 2018 at 11:28

Hello,

i am trying to configure my the CubeMX for my STM32F429I Disc 1 board to show the default hello world sample, which is generated from the Cube. 

I have try very much an have read the example in the firmeware packegs (1.19.0). I have attached the .ioc file.

In the moment i get only a quarter white image on the display (see attached image). 

I want to attached the complete project, but the size is bigger than 50MB so i can only descripe what i have done after the generation of the project.

I have copied the files like in the video and with the BSD it works correctly ( i have comment out the GRAPHICS_XXX lines).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_TVAudWabI

But when i will use the GRAPHICS_XXX nothing will work correctly.

I have tryied to compare the settings from the Example (STM32F429I_DISO_MB1075), which works correctly.

I have no glue, what i have do wrong. Can someone help  me with the problem?

Best Regards 

Stefan

#stm32-stm32cube #stm32f429-graphic-lcd #graphics
5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on April 02, 2018 at 12:59

Hello

Parli.Stefan

Please try to use the latest version of Cube firmware packageSTM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.0,with

new STemWin applications for STM32F429I-Discovery.

In the main, the display issue may be caused by one of the following:

- Stack size is too low.

- Wrong initialization of the display controller.

- Wrong configuration of the display interface.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on April 03, 2018 at 10:02

Hello,

is there any tutorial or manual which discripe what i have to set to get the StemWin working?

I have tryied to call BSD functions directly and this works fine (I have changed the background color). 

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Stefan

Posted on April 03, 2018 at 10:33

Hi

Parli.Stefan

I recommend you check the

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/54/c9/95/42/8c/0b/43/69/DM000896pdf/files/DM000896pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM000896pdf

Application note Getting started with STemWin Library.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on April 03, 2018 at 11:00

Hello,

i have read this note. I want to generate the 'Hello World' out of the cube.

When i am thinking right, it should be possible to create a correct program directly out of the Stm32CubeMX without any changes, or? 

Best Regards,

Stefan

Posted on April 26, 2018 at 17:48

Hi

Parli.Stefan

You can use STM32CubeMx version 4.25 withGraphics support is added.

You may find more details on how to use step by step

STemWinwith CubeMX

in the STM32CubeMX user manual (

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/10/c5/1a/43/3a/70/43/7d/DM001047pdf/files/DM001047pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM001047pdf

)

Best Regards,

Imen

Thanks
Imen