cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DfuSe Demo does not seem to upload DFU files to processtor

rmhicks
Associate
Posted on March 15, 2013 at 17:50

I have installed DfuSe Demo (v3.0.0) . On connecting a STM3200G-EVAL board & setting the boot options & then pressing reset, the program says I am in DFU mode and gives the Vendor Id 0483 and the Product ID DF11 and Version 211 all OK. I can select a DFU file without problem.

however, when I press Upgrade or verify, the software says it works, (see below) but does not actually seem to do anything.  The original software is still present.0690X000006053xQAA.png

to continue, I had overwritten the flash (using a Keil compiler & JTAG) with a ''hullo world'' program; this confirmed that DfuSe was not writing anything at all. and, the original DFU was very good as a self test program, so I would like to get back to it. Until of course my test software is improved.

4 REPLIES 4
Posted on March 15, 2013 at 18:15

Can't say I've had such issues with DfuSe, suggest you use ST-Link, or something, and nuke the flash from there, then confirm that DfuSe is writing something, and then if it's what you expect.

Alternatively make your own DFU file, and burn that, knowing the location the code is situated.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mevgeny
Associate
Posted on August 05, 2013 at 16:42

Hi. I have same problem but with DfuSe Demo version 3.0.3, and may be with DfuSe File Manager because when I try to convert .hex or .bin file with any size to .dfu file the DfuSe File Manager create .dfu file with size of 301 byte. This problem identical on two PC. I was trying to setup DfuSe version 3.0.2, problem is still remains. I'm using IAR EWARM 6.60.1, own developed board with STM32F205RG and WinXP. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

Posted on August 05, 2013 at 17:31

I've managed to create 14KB+ files with hex output directly from Keil, with about zero effort.

Suggest you attach a IAR hex file, and describe exactly how you're doing the DFU generation.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
mevgeny
Associate
Posted on August 05, 2013 at 21:09

Thanks for reply.

I solved the problem. Problem was in the IAR compiler output file format option. I set the two output file format to .hex (in Linker and Ouput Converter options) as result I had a two wrong files, and DfuSe File Manager was doing wrong conversion. I disabled the generating a second file in ''Output Conversion'' and then everything began to work properly.