Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEIL IDE problem

achourwissem
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 13:20

hey all

when i include  the header stm32f4_discovery.h it recognizes it well , but it dont recognize ''GPIO_InitTypeDef''  !! and ''RCC_AHB1PeriphClockCmd''  and all GPIO_Pins!

and to be sure of the header i attached it for u to see if it's good or not

and thnx
15 REPLIES 15
crt2
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 14:45

I dont think header you attached has anything to do with GPIO defines, unless KIEL has something special inside...

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 15:04

Hello Wissem,

It seems you have some missed include paths for your project. Check the ''Include paths'' in the ''Options'' of your project.

Mayla

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

achourwissem
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 15:14

thnx so can u tell which paths i have to add in IAR IDE please ?

achourwissem
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 15:17

anyway i'm using these paths

$PROJ_DIR$\

$PROJ_DIR$\app\

$PROJ_DIR$\modules\

$PROJ_DIR$\board\

$PROJ_DIR$\..\Libraries\STM32F4xx_StdPeriph_Driver\inc
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 15:22

While it might be the Include paths, which by the way you'd also have to set up properly in IAR, Rowley, or whatever, I think it is more likely the lack of stm32f4xx_conf.h in your project directory which is pulled in via stm32f4xx.h, and in turn pulls in the GPIO and other includes. Your project also needs to have the source file for the library components being used.

The basic problem being that you aren't sufficient familiar with the tools, and the structure of working projects.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
achourwissem
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 15:48

when i include  ''stm32f4xx_conf.h'' i get this error

Error[Pe147]: declaration is incompatible with ''__interwork __softfp void RCC_AHB1PeriphClockCmd(uint32_t, enum <unnamed>)'' (declared at line 477 of ''C:\Users\Wissem\Desktop\my work\

and this is all my include in the main file

#include ''stm32f4xx.h''

#include ''stm32f4_discovery.h''

#include ''stm32f4xx_conf.h''

#include ''stm32f4xx_gpio.h''

Posted on June 19, 2013 at 16:21

That doesn't look like a KEIL error

You shouldn't have to explicitly include ALL those files from your primary app as they pull others in automatically.

#include ''stm32f4_discovery.h'' //-> ''stm32f4xx.h'' -> ''stm32f4xx_conf.h'' -> ''stm32f4xx_gpio.h''

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
achourwissem
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 16:24

i use now IAR because i configured better than KEIL but still have an error

other libraries work good
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 19, 2013 at 16:26

To start in a clean way with pre-configured environment, you can use the examples available in the DISCOVERY board firmware package.

If you don't have it, download from

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257904

Keil example is in ''STM32F4-Discovery_FW_V1.1.0\Project\Demonstration\MDK-ARM''.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.